It’s a… slow month for new games this January. Though that’s really nothing new. Gamers have long known, winter is the season to catch up on what you missed the rest of the year.
Long, cold winter
Well, honestly it’s not that long. the post-holiday “winter” is only like two months. And actually, big releases have been hitting in the coldest months of the year for a while now. It’s not that it doesn’t happen, it’s just that the big games are few and far between this time of year. So you won’t really find a bunch of them. More like two or three diamonds in the rough.
This month has some notables with the likes of Dragon Ball Fighter Z, the PS4 version of Dissidia, and Monster Hunter: World arriving. As you’ll see though, there isn’t much else. Fortunately, February has it looking like things are already improving for 2018.
Here’s what’s on tap for January:
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition – PS4, PC
- Rocket League – Nintendo Switch
- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth – PS4
- The Inpatient – PS4
- Wonder Boy (retail boxed) – Nintendo Switch
- Dragon Ball Fighter Z – PS4, Xbox One
- Monster Hunter: World – PS4, Xbox One
- EA Sports UFC 3 – Xbox One
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT – PS4