It’s almost time for a heck of a lot of new content to drop in for Call of Duty’s current slate of games, with Season 2 landing this week.
While Modern Warfare III’s single player content might have been a little slim, Activision is proving once again that the brand’s multiplayer is where the real fanbase is. Or, at least that’s what the company is obviously hoping, as it delivers another massive dose of post-launch content to the game.
Season 2 arrives in just two days (February 7th, 2024), and with it comes a selection of stuff that runs the gamut from maps to modes, covering all of the various CoD offerings. If you like standard multi, there’s obviously plenty of content for that, but there’s also Zombies, Warzone, and some DLC that’s spread out across all of the above.
Want the full skinny on Season 2? Well, then click here for the official site, but if it’s just a rundown you’re looking for, make with the scrolling:
Modern Warfare III Multiplayer:
- A massive Multiplayer map offering! Four new Core 6v6 maps arrive across Season 2, including three brand-new 6v6 maps and a fan-favorite remaster.
- Two map variants: Ready up for Hordepoint and the Vortex Mid-Season Playlist, explore two otherworldly themed map variants based on Skidrow and Terminal.
- New War map: Assault a downtown Urzikstan skyscraper from the skies. Welcome to Operation Tin Man.
- Six game modes: Bring home a win in Team Gun Game; quickscope your way to victory in Snipers Only; enjoy the return of Hordepoint and Bounty; and battle rival Juggernauts in the Juggermosh pit!
- Season 2 Ranked Play: Claim the Ranked Play rewards you unlocked in Season 1, then continue the grind with a full season and all-new rewards to earn.
- New Ninja Vest: Favoring those knives only? Equip the Ninja Vest for silent running, as well as a bonus knife and throwing star ammo.
- Resurgence Refocused: A new area of operations has opened: Fortune’s Keep. Now that the remains of a massive explosion have torn the island apart, it’s up to you to sweep the area for threats, both human and undead!
- Welcome Back to Fortune’s Keep: How has the island changed? We detail each of the 11 initial Points of Interest and the considerable changes contained within.
- New Gameplay Features: A wealth of new gameplay features are coming to Fortunes Keep, including a limited-time Contract to eradicate Zombie Nests, Zombies power-ups, Extendable Bridges, and a new score Tracker detailing your Squad Wipe Streaks.
- Call of Duty: Warzone Ranked Resurgence: Ranked Play arrives in Fortune’s Keep, with the same fundamentals, and uses the Resurgence rules for the first time. Expect a stack of impressive rewards for your grind, and BR Ranked Play to come later in the year.
Modern Warfare III Zombies:
- The Dark Aether Story Act Continues: Operation Deadbolt Strike Teams are tasked to confront a new anomaly in the Exclusion Zone.
- Enter the Second Rift: Face down the largest infested Stronghold you’ve encountered as you enter a new and terrifying Rift.
- New Challenges and Schematics: Unlock Prestige levels to acquire Zombies challenges and gather three new Schematics to aid your progress.
- Warlord Keres: An elusive chemical warfare specialist, Keres has set up some impressive defenses at the Killhouse in the Orlov Military Base. Prepare effectively before attempting to take her out.
Across all modes:
- Weapons Detail: Season 2 continues the weapons drop with four new Base Weapons to utilize: the BP50 AR, RAM-9 SMG, SOA Subverter BR, and Soulrender melee sword.
- Getting Attached: Seven Aftermarket Parts are yours to unlock, including the JAK Limb Ripper underbarrel chainsaw, perfect for sinking into zombie flesh!
- Become the Undead Elite with BlackCell: Purchase and obtain exclusive access to a special cadre of undead Operator Skins, led by the skeletal John Doe: All are resplendent in dripping gold with a glowing ethereal purple hue!
- Rick Grimes and Kate Laswell Headline the Season 2 Battle Pass: Purchase the Season 2 Battle Pass and instantly unlock Rick Grimes from AMC’s The Walking Dead’s, as well as Station Chief Kate Laswell.
- New Store Offerings: Play as Michonne from AMC’s The Walking Dead, “Let ’em Cook” with a new CDL Pack and celebrate Black History Month on February 8 with a free gift pack featuring cultural inspirations designed by our team.
- New Challenges, Events, and Progression: Learn all about the Weekly Challenges and Season 2 Events, starting with exclusive undead rewards as the Horde Hunt gets underway, and check out the Prestige rewards as you grind your way to Level 450.