Behold horror and/or FPS lovers. Here be the first trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles. Ready your flamethrower…
Run so far away
For a tacked on mode that became playable after the credits of the first Black Ops title, zombies has become quite the thing. It’s a foregone conclusion that it’ll be included in every Call of Duty at this point. There’s a good reason for that too. Namely, that it’s insanely popular.
This pack of zombies maps is a surprise, but it’s also a welcome one. I think that’s true for both for longtime fans and newcomers. After all, what better way to enjoy blasting some rotters back to hell than with a remastered map… or eight.
That’s the total number of maps that’ll be included in the pack, by the way. It loads up with zombie experiences from three different CoD titles, including the first, World at War. These aren’t simple retreads though, as the pack includes enhancements to the originals too. According to developer Treyarch, the maps are all presented “in true HD with current-generation visuals, enhanced lighting, revamped character models and environments, and updated AI and audio systems”.
Here’s what’ll be included when the pack hits the PS4 first, on May 16th:
Experience some of the most thrilling maps in Zombies history in their full HD glory, including Shangri-La, a legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead lurk within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns; Kino Der Toten, an abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps; Shi No Numa, a swamp of death in a sweltering jungle; Origins, an abandoned German excavation site, and more!
Call of Duty: World at War
- Nacht der Untoten – Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
- Verruckt – Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
- Shi No Numa – A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Untoten – An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
- Ascension – An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
- Shangri-la – A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
- Moon – Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Origins – An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new “Element 115,” and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.
8 DAYS OF THE UNDEAD
Beginning on launch day, May 16, Activision and Treyarch will kick off “8 Days of the Undead,” where players of Black Ops III on all platforms and players of Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles on PS4 can earn Double XP, engage in community challenges, and get free loot including Zombies calling cards, weapon camos, new GobbleGums, and PS4 themes.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles is available digitally on May 16 on PlayStation 4 for a suggested retail price of $29.99, and requires Call of Duty: Black Ops III to play. Along with the eight remastered maps and gameplay, players will also get:
20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
2 All-New, Whimsical GobbleGums
Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4, an exclusive pre-order incentive
Want to read more? Check out the post from the developers, here.