Remember Fallout 3? Well Bethesda sure does, as the latest update for Fallout 76 takes the game’s action out of Appalachia and back to Pittsburgh.
An industrial wasteland
Expeditions: The Pitt includes:
- New Location – Journey back to post-war Pittsburgh for the first time since Fallout 3. Once a beacon of industry, nuclear conflict has ravaged the once great city. Increased levels of radiation have mutated its citizens, causing strife and warring factions to emerge from the chaos.
- Expeditions – Large-scale repeatable missions for groups of up to four players. From Whitespring Refuge in Appalachia, players will power a Vertibird to transport them into the heart of The Pitt. What awaits are randomized, repeatable, end-game missions designed to test the most experienced and prepared groups.
- New Story and Factions – Discover a new storyline centered around two warring factions: the blue-collar freedom fighters of the Union, and the power-hungry raider faction of the Fanatics. Fight for the Union to help reclaim their home. Meet its eccentric and mechanically skilled leaders, learn about the uneasy ties that bind them, and uncover how the toxic wasteland of The Pitt is driving its inhabitants to madness.
- New Rewards – Conquer Expeditions to earn Stamps, a new currency exchangeable with the Union. Collect unique new weapons, Power Armor, outfits, C.A.M.P. furnishings, and more all crafted by Union mechanics.
- New Enemies – Defend yourself against all manner of creatures in The Pitt, including the return of the deadly and aggressive Trogs, as you explore the dense city streets and underground labyrinth of The Pitt.
Bethesda press release
Expeditions: The Pitt is out right now for all Fallout 76 players, and is a free addition to the base game.