Among all of the other companies that’ll be making a big Comic Con comeback this year, Apple TV+ will be in full force.
That’s the plus
If you dig Severance, Apple TV+’s massive hit from Ben Stiller, then you’re really going to like what the company has planned for SDCC this week. It’s set to be a double dose of Severance, with a panel and what sounds like a fantastic interactive experience at the Hard Rock Hotel.
If you watch the show, then you know that Severance is all about work/life balance. And I mean that in the way that the show’s fictitious company Lumon forcibly causes a split between the two.
The activation plays upon that sci-fi riff, and sends visitors through a Lumon Industries Orientation. Developed with executive producer and director Ben Stiller, it sounds like a heck of a trip.
Fans will have a unique opportunity to be “severed” – a procedure that separates your work life from your personal life – as they immerse themselves as new employees in the world of Lumon Industries. The experience will take guests seeking better work-life balance through their first day on Lumon’s severed floor, but from the moment they enter the boardroom, they will realize that not all is as it seems.
New employees will navigate through several locations featured in the critically acclaimed series for an up-close dive into the mysterious Lumon world. Stops on their first-day orientation include the iconic boardroom where the new hires will meet their ‘innie” and MDR where they can try their hand at refining data. As employees explore life on the severed floor they will interact with longstanding Lumon employees and gather perks along the way.Apple TV+ press release
You’ll be able to reserve time for yourself starting on July 21st at 6am pacific. There’ll be additional slots added daily, and there will be a line for those who didn’t reserve. Though it does sound like your best bet is to sign up online ahead of visiting.
As for the non-interactive stuff…
While the activation does sound great, it’s just a small part of what Apple has planned. The full slate of panels incudes Severance as well of course, as the red-hot show will bring Stiller, as well as stars Adam Scott, Britt Lower, Tramell Tillman, and others to attendees. They’ll all be sitting down for a chat about the show.
Joining them will be panels based on For All Mankind, as well as perennial favorite Mythic Quest, and more. Scroll down for the full listing of what there’ll be to see and do.
Thursday, July 21
- 3:30pm – 4:30pm: Ballroom 20
- Inside “Severance”
- Executive producer and director Ben Stiller, creator and executive producer Dan Erickson and cast members Adam Scott, Britt Lower, Tramell Tillman, Dichen Lachman and Jen Tullock sit down with Patton Oswalt to share “Innie” secrets from season one of the critically acclaimed, Emmy-nominated series.
Friday, July 22
- 2:45pm – 3:45pm: Ballroom 20
- The Alternate World of “For All Mankind”
- Kelly Lawler leads a conversation with creators and executive producers Ronald D. Moore, Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, executive producer Maril Davis and cast members Joel Kinnaman, Shantel VanSanten, Jodi Balfour, Sonya Walger, Krys Marshall, Cynthy Wu, Casey Johnson, Coral Peña, Wrenn Schmidt and Edi Gathegi to discuss the propulsive third season of the critically acclaimed alternate reality series.
Saturday, July 23
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm/Room 6A
- Storytellers of Apple TV+
- Creator and executive producer Ronald D. Moore of “For All Mankind,” co-creator, showrunner and executive producer Simon Kinberg of “Invasion,” “See” executive producer and showrunner Jonathan Tropper and creator and executive producer of “Mythic Quest,” Megan Ganz, discuss creating the unique worlds of their series and share exclusive sneak peeks of upcoming episodes. David S. Goyer will also join from the set of “Foundation” with a special sneak peek at the upcoming second season. The panel will be moderated by Patrick Gomez.
- 4:00pm – 4:45pm: Ballroom 20
- The Players of “Mythic Quest”
- Creator, executive producer and star Rob McElhenney joins co-creator and executive producer Megan Ganz, executive producer and star David Hornsby and cast members Charlotte Nicdao, Danny Pudi, Imani Hakim, Jessie Ennis and Ashly Burch to dive into the critically hailed workplace comedy with moderator Craig Mazin and share an exclusive first look at the upcoming third season.