If you missed it, Sega held a special Sonic the Hedgehog event yesterday titled Sonic Central. Frontiers, Origins, and way more made an appearance.
It’s shaping up to be quiet an era for Sega’s mascot, Sonic the Hedgehog. With a pair of hit movies and a string of decent to great games all arriving for fans, there isn’t much to complain about. Yep, it seems like Sega finally has a handle on the blur blur once again.
And just to give fans a taste of what’s yet to come, the company held a special Sonic Central event via YouTube yesterday. Included in the show was a look at both Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins, as well as Sonic’s mobile titles and his arrival in games like Roblox and Fall Guys.
Moving into the movies and TV realm, Sega also revealed a bit more about Sonic Prime and talked up the home video launch of the Sonic 2 movie. But wait, there’s more, as Sonic the Symphony will also be making another appearance, and there’s a load of merchandise inbound for you to add to your collection.
Here’s the show itself, if you’d like to check it out. Scroll down past the video for the highlights, straight from Sega:
- Sonic Origins – Get ready to experience the classic Sonic the Hedgehog™ games like never before! Sonic Origins is the best way to play the original Sonic titles – Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD – fully remastered and redefined. Jump into the non-stop action found in the original titles with fresh twists like Mirror Mode, new animations and much more, available for purchase on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch™ and PC on Sonic’s birthday, June 23.
- Sonic Frontiers – Speed into new realms as worlds collide in Sonic the Hedgehog’s newest adventure game coming soon to PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch™ and PC! Sonic Frontiers is a massive leap for the Sonic franchise, taking the Blue Blur to accelerated new heights and giving players the freedom to explore the thrill of high-velocity, open-zone freedom. Battle powerful enemies as you speed through the Starfall Islands – landscapes brimming with dense forests, overflowing waterfalls, expansive deserts and more.
- Fall Guys – This August, players can take the form of Sonic, Knuckles and Tails with the all-new Sonic collaboration in Mediatonic’s massive multiplayer battle royale game, Fall Guys, which will be free to play on all platforms on June 21.
- Sonic Speed Simulator in Roblox – Celebrate Sonic Central with Sonic Speed Simulator, the fastest game in Roblox, players are able to level up and gain speed by running through unique worlds while racing against friends to earn rewards. Today, SEGA and Gamefam announced the all-new Chemical Plant World content where players can unlock the Amy Rose chao using the provided code. Footage of the new content can be seen here.
- Sonic Forces and Sonic Dash – This summer, unlock special movie-themed characters from Paramount Pictures’ Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in the Sonic mobile titles, Sonic Forces and Sonic Dash. This Halloween, keep an eye out for Mephiles the Dark, and in November, Super Shadow joins the battle. Separately, in Sonic Dash along with Sonic Dash+ on Apple Arcade, be sure to show off your greatest achievements with Player banners and give Sir Percival a warm welcome.
Movies and Television
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Paramount Pictures announced Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is heading to Blu-ray and Digital in an announcement from actor Ben Schwartz, voice of Sonic in the films. Check out the home entertainment release, loaded with deleted scenes, hilarious bloopers, fun behind-the-scenes moments and an exclusive animated short taking place right after the adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- Sonic Prime – Get ready to see Sonic in a new light with the all-new Netflix animated series, produced in partnership with WildBrain, coming soon!
- SEGA will be collaborating with a number of partners to release a robust offering of new Sonic-branded products in the coming months. Partnerships will bring forth all-new food and beverage items including a Knuckles-inspired energy drink from G FUEL, along with Tails and Knuckles PEZ dispensers.
- Additionally, customers will be able to purchase a variety of collectibles, including hand-made silkscreen prints from Moor Art, resin statues of Amy Rose and Miles “Tails” Prower from F4F, iconic early 90’s-inspired statues of the Blue Blur from Neamedia.
- Our gaming accessory partners are also joining in on the fun with Razer’s Sonic the Hedgehog Wireless Controller and Quick Charging Stand, as well as EXG’s new Cable Guy Controller holder.
- Fans can also sport stylish new clothes featuring the Blue Blur with new items from HYPE’s Sonic the Hedgehog capsule collection.
- Finally, Sonic fans can go toe-to-toe with Dr. Eggman with the Egg Mobile Battle Set from Jakks Pacific with five configurations straight from the games (available this fall).
- Assets of the licensed products are available here.
- Stay tuned for the return of the Sonic the Hedgehog symphony, with more details coming soon.