The nightmares are back once again, and this time in Enhanced form. Bandai Namco’s Little Nightmares II has moved to current-gen and PC.
As you’d expect, the current-gen (and new PC) version of the game features a host of enhancements. And that includes both a Performance Mode and a Beauty Mode. Though limited to just the console editions, those are exactly what you think they are.
Here’s your full rundown, from the press release:
- Beauty Mode* – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray-Tracing.
- Performance Mode* – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray-Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on the surface.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition is out now on the Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC.
* Modes only available on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series versions. On PC, all graphical settings can be changed individually in the Settings > Advanced menu.