Image has a full slate of panel presentations ready for this week’s at-home SDCC show. That includes focuses on McFarlane, Kirkman and more.
Never a company to shy away from lots and lots of Comic Con panels, Image Comics has an impressive slate on tap for this year’s San Diego Comic Con. Of course, there is no ‘Con’ happening in the physical realm, but digitally, you bet there is.
Comic Con @Home is ready to kick off tomorrow July 22nd, and will be open to all virtual attendees. That’s a first for SDCC; open to all?
With tickets not a problem, that means you’ll have your pick of which panels to check out. It all starts, for Image Comics, with an overarching look at “real world” issues translated into the comic book medium, but goes several places from there.
And yes, that includes spotlights on some of the biggest and most influential voices at the publisher.
- Comics as a conduit | Wednesday, 07/22/20, 4:00 PM Henry Barajas (LA VOZ DE M.A.Y.O.: TATA RAMBO), Rodney Barnes(KILLADELPHIA), Darcy Van Poelgeest (LITTLE BIRD), and David F. Walker (BITTER ROOT) discuss comic books that tackle real world issues; be it environmental activism, civic engagement, physical and mental health awareness, and more, (including how their work is being used by librarians and educators). Audience members will leave with programming and acquisition ideas designed to inspire their readers to see the world differently and then change it for the better.
- SYFY: untold tales of Todd McFarlane | Thursday, 07/23/20, 2:00 PM Comic-Con wouldn’t be Comic-Con without Todd McFarlane—the innovative artist and entrepreneur who is the subject of the brand new SYFY WIRE documentary film, Todd McFarlane: Like Hell I Won’t. McFarlane is the creative mastermind behind SPAWN and some of Marvel Comics’ most famous characters, one of the founders of Image Comics and is known for (quite literally) breaking down barriers. To celebrate the documentary and these achievements, Marc Silvestri and J. Scott Campbell join McFarlane on a panel as they commend him on his contributions to the industry and have some fun roasting the man who essentially “raised hell” to get where he is today. For more information on the documentary, visit SYFY.com.
- CROSSOVER spotlight | Thursday, 07/23/20, 5:00 PM Bestselling creative powerhouse team Donny Cates (GOD COUNTRY, REDNECK), Geoff Shaw (GOD COUNTRY), Dee Cunniffe (REDNECK), and John J. Hill (NAILBITER) come together to announce what will be the biggest event of the year—CROSSOVER. Join us to get the exclusive scoop on this exciting new project.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes with UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY | Friday, 07/24/20, 12:00 PM Join Scott Snyder, Charles Soule, and Giuseppe Camuncoli as they reveal the secrets behind the Eisner Award nominated, chart topping series out from Image Comics, UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY. Listen in as they share their story about the making of the series, anecdotes about the first story arc’s creative process, and hints at what’s to come. Moderated by series editor Will Dennis.
- Comic-Con Robert Kirkman at home | Friday, 07/24/20, 4:00 PMRobert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD, INVINCIBLE, FIRE POWER) shares his latest projects and answers your questions!
- Legendary SPAWN creator Todd McFarlane talks toys, comics, and more! | Friday, 07/24/20, 4:00 PM Host Jim Viscardi, executive editor of Comicbook.com and Todd McFarlane, SPAWN and Venom creator, McFarlane Toys’ CEO and president of Image Comics, talk about all your favorite geekdom things. McFarlane gives fans a sneak peek into the future of upcoming toys, comics, and what’s on his entertainment horizon.
- Masters of storytelling | Saturday, 07/25/20, 1:00 PM Join the all-stars in storytelling from Image Comics—Ed Brubaker (PULP, CRUEL SUMMER), Chuck Brown (ON THE STUMP), Alex De Campi (DRACULA, MOTHERF**KER), Matt Fraction (ADVENTUREMAN), and Emma Kubert (INKBLOT)—as they reveal their secrets behind creating some of the best stories in comics. Moderator: Marla Eizik, Executive Assistant at Image Comics.
- Creating memorable characters | Saturday, 07/25/20, 4:00 PM What makes readers so attached to comics characters that they keep returning issue after issue to keep reading? Join Image Comics creators Dani (COFFIN BOUND),Jeff Lemire (GIDEON FALLS), David Walker (BITTER ROOT), Darcy Van Poelgeest (LITTLE BIRD), Kit Seaton (NORROWAY), and Johnnie Christmas (TARTARUS) as they discuss what (or who!) inspires some of the most beloved characters in comics. Moderator: Marla Eizik, Executive Assistant at Image Comics.
- 25th anniversary of Witchblade & beyond | Saturday, 07/25/20, 6:00 PM Marc Silvestri (CEO) and Matt Hawkins (president & COO) remember the legendary WITCHBLADE sensation on her 25th anniversary—and showcase what’s to come from Top Cow Productions! Conversations with Colleen Doran (THE CLOCK), Stephanie Phillips (A MAN AMONG YE), and Stjepan Sejic(SUNSTONE) moderated by Henry Barajas (LA VOZ DE M.A.Y.O.: TATA RAMBO, Director of Operations at Top Cow).
- The craft of worldbuilding in comics | Sunday, 07/26/20, 12:00 PM
- Join Image Comics creators Kieron Gillen (LUDOCRATS, DIE), Stephanie Hands (DIE), W. Maxwell Prince (ICE CREAM MAN), Mirka Andolfo (MERCY), and Sanford Greene (BITTER ROOT) for a free-wheeling conversation on immersive, authentic worldbuilding technique in comics. Moderator: Marla Eizik, Executive Assistant at Image Comics.