Something a little bit different for gamer-fave game bundling storefront Humble Bundle, as the group now has a collection of 60+ OSTs for some of the biggest indie games out there up for sale- and all for a good cause.
Made in conjunction with The String Arcade (a Kickstarted album with musical arrangements spun off of existing (iconic) game themes) and benefitting the Alameda Music Project, “a transformative music education program that provides tuition-free music instruction to underserved children in Alameda, California”, the Humble “Music in Schools” Bundle is ready to rock.
The String Arcade’s composer Dren McDonald teamed with loads of composers and assured other video game folk to produce this compilation that includes 60+ albums and has all proceeds headed right for the charity named.
Here are the pricing levels for the sale:
- Donate $20 or more and get 15 albums including The String Arcade, soundtracks from Escape Goat 2, FTL Advance Edition, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, and Fez, and a very rare release from the legendary experimental music pioneers The Residents!
- Donate $50 or more and get a staggering 50+ game soundtracks (including all of the above); rare, out of print indie rock releases; and some great indie games (Audio Surf, Sequence and more) — a $600 + value!
Oh and just to tempt a tad more, check out some of the highlights of the Bundle. If you’re a game fan, there’s bound to be something in this massive collected edition to spark some interest, especially in those prices.
- Previously unreleased Mass Effect 3 tracks by Sam Hulick
- Four releases from legendary punk label Alternative Tentacles (including a new record from former Dead Kennedys singer Jello Biafra)
- A rare re-release of The Residents’ “I Murdered Mommy!” (a concept recording for an unfunded game idea)
- A long out-of-print compilation called EYESORE: A Stab At The Residents, featuring Primus, Cracker, Heavy Vegetable (Rob Crow), Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, and 31 others
- Soundtracks from hit indie games like Fez, Dear Esther, THREES, FTL, and Spelunky, not to mention film soundtracks such as Super Size Me, Henri, and Contracted. The downloadable soundtracks are available as MP3 (320 kpbs in most cases).
The Humble “Music in Schools” Bundle is available right now and can be bought and downloaded right here. For a full listing of what’s in the package, click here.