The current Thor is heading towards her demise, that much seems obvious. How that’s going to happen is still a little up in the air, but nevertheless it’s coming. And Marvel is set to celebrate the life of a hero.
The Miiiiiighty Thor
The end of a superhero is upon us. And honestly, I’ve nerd seen something like this teased so definitively before. There are usually hints and subtext, but Marvel is flat-out saying that Jane Foster’s time as Mighty Thor is coming to an end. Of course, it’s always possible this is meant to dupe fans, though I doubt it since it’d mean the storyline would be… well I’m sure it would not all that well received. Let’s leave it at that.
But what the death of Thor also means is a spread of covers, all featuring the title hero, and all cast across the various titles that Marvel publishes. You can expect to see Thor everywhere this coming March, and battling some interesting foes. The Mighty Thor will square off against Thor Odinson, Venom, and even Odin himself in the series, which basically amounts to a set of really cool images.
As usual, these variant covers won’t actually play into the stories told wishing their respective books. Just a little FYI there is you’re not in the know as to how these work.
Again, expect to find these variants on the stands this coming March. Here’s which books to be on the lookout for:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #797 by Clayton Crain
- AVENGERS #683 by Humberto Ramos
- BLACK PANTHER #171 by Nick Bradshaw
- DAREDEVIL #600 by Leinil Yu
- DOCTOR STRANGE: DAMNATION #2 by Ema Lupacchino
- NFINITY COUNTDOWN #1 by Russell Dauterman
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #598 by Dale Keown
- MIGHTY THOR #705 by Esad Ribic
- NEW MUTANTS #1 by Chris Stevens
- OLD MAN HAWKEYE #3 by Olivier Coipel