NBC’s streaming service Peacock has some big properties heading to the Con, including the hotly anticipated John Wick spinoff.
The Continental, but not Christopher Walken
Though it might have flown under the radar a little, NBC’s Peacock service has been building what’s shaping up to be a nice little lineup. Aside from all of the stuff that the platform already stocks, this year will bring Mrs.Davis, a sci-fi show about an AI, a Twisted Metal series starring Anthony Mackie (yes, based on the games), and a spinoff of the John Wick film series called The Continental.
Those are all potentially big shows, but The Continental has the chance to be something really special, bringing a brand of action to TV that’s rarely seen. From Thunder Road Pictures, the cast is a winner already with the likes of Mel Gibson, Colin Woodell, Mishel Prada, and more.
But while you might have your favorite of the bunch, all three shows will be coming to Comic Con, with multiple activations, happenings, and special viewings. So if you’re into any or all, there’s going to be something cool to check out in the big city this week.
Here’s the lowdown, complete with times, dates, and places:
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19:
- WARNER BROS. TELEVISION PREVIEW NIGHT SCREENING OF PEACOCK’S MRS. DAVIS
- Attend a screening of the first episode of Peacock’s critically acclaimed limited series, Mrs. Davis during Warner Bros. Television’s screenings on SDCC preview night from 6-9:30 pm in Ballroom 20.
- WHEN: 8:15 pm PT
- WHERE: Ballroom 20
THURSDAY, JULY 20th
- TWISTED METAL SWEET TOOTH ICE CREAM TRUCK + SURPRISE MUSICAL PERFORMANCE
Peacock and Sony Pictures Television are bringing Sweet Tooth’s ice cream truck to fans in San Diego with a free serving of Salt + Straw’s exclusive Twisted Metal ice cream flavor, debuting for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con *while supplies last
- While guests enjoy a cold treat, Peacock will turn up the heat with a surprise musical performance.
- WHEN: Sweet Tooth’s ice cream truck opens at 1:30pm PT, surprise musical performance approx. 5:00p PT
- WHERE: Corner of J Street and First Ave
- SALT & STRAW PARTNERS WITH PEACOCK TO SERVE A LIMITED-EDITION CUSTOM TWISTED METAL FLAVOR IN SAN DIEGO
Fans of Twisted Metal and Salt & Straw can now enjoy “Sweet Tooth,” a limited-edition flavor, that will be available for free at Sweet Tooth’s Ice Cream Truck event during San Diego Comic Con. Additionally, while supplies last, the “Sweet Tooth” ice cream flavor will be available for purchase at three Salt & Straw San Diego locations to promote Peacock’s new original comedy series, Twisted Metal.
- WORLD PREMIERE SCREENING OF TWISTED METAL
Join Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller as he hosts a world premiere screening of the first episode of Twisted Metal, followed by a Twisted Metal-inspired version of Kinda Funny’s interactive game, “Kinda Feudy,” featuring randomly selected guests from the audience whose Twisted Metal knowledge will be put to the test. Don’t miss even more twists, turns, and surprise giveaways at the special event.
- WHEN: 10:00 pm PT
- WHERE: Room 6DE
- TWISTED METAL SWEET TOOTH ICE CREAM TRUCK
Immediately following San Diego Comic-Con, starting on July 27, Sony Pictures Television and Peacock are partnering to bring Sweet Tooth to cities around the country. The deranged clown will be hitting the road in his infamous ice cream truck, making stops in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Des Moines, and Chicago to serve up ice cream *while supplies last. Check @SPTV on Instagram for exact locations and dates.
FRIDAY, JULY 21st
- FIRST LOOK AT THE CONTINENTAL: FROM THE WORLD OF JOHN WICK
- Join the creative team from Peacock’s three-part event The Continental: From the World of John Wick hosted by Collider’s Steven Weintraub, as they reveal behind-the-scenes moments and an exclusive first look at the series. A prequel to the blockbuster action franchise, the series will explore the origin behind the iconic hotel-for-assassins centerpiece of the John Wick universe through the eyes and actions of a young Winston Scott, as he’s dragged into the Hell-scape of 1970s New York City to face a past he thought he’d left behind.
- WHEN: 3:00pm PT
- WHERE: Ballroom 20