Paramount is about to crash Comic Con with The Lodge, an “immersive experience” centered on some of the summer’s biggest movies.
There’s going to be an extra-good time at Happy Does, a restaurant in the heart of San Diego, this week. While the place is known for food and drink (and Padres games), it’ll also be playing host to Paramount+ during Comic Con, with an all-encompassing activation called The Lodge.
An event based on Paramount’s big summer slate of films and properties, The Lodge will showcase a 10 pack of individual activations, each one based on a different movie, show, or franchise. Fans can expect to see the likes of Star Trek, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Yellowjackets, SpongeBob, and loads more.
Here’s what’ll be on tap:
- Transformers: Rise of the Beasts: Visit Energon Station to replenish your energy and unleash your inner beast with some tantalizing PRIMAL BREW (cold brew) and AUTOBOT TEA (iced tea).
- Good Burger 2: Munch on delicious tray pass sliders from the classic Good Burger counter.
- Yellowjackets: Step inside Lottie’s serene compound, where there’s more than meets the eye. Guests will explore a path through the activation to the secrets inside, and those lucky enough to reveal the iconic antler queen will leave with their very own bespoke Yellowjackets playing cards.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Take a trip under the sea to Bikini Bottom and visit The Krusty Krab. While at the iconic restaurant, grab a seat at the boat set for an underwater selfie photo moment.
- Special Ops: Lioness: Crime awaits in the CIA safe house, where guests will be asked a series of “tests” matching with one of the three female archetypes. Fans will then receive a card with a character-match write-up and tune-in info. For guests passing by, the space features a spycraft wall where consumers can discover secrets.
- Star Trek: Returning by popular demand, Star Trek’s Caricature Studios welcomes guests to take a seat at one of three rock thrones where artists will sketch visitors as their own Trek character. While at each studio, guests can select from a menu of preset characteristics adding details like uniform weapons, specialty alien-race touches, skin tone, etc.
- 1923: Discover a hidden speakeasy where you’ll find yourself in the Silver Dollar Soda Shop. Step inside and order a glass bottled root beer or a specialty cocktail within the existing nook. With a tasty beverage in hand, guests can then take a seat in the 1923 portrait studio for a vintage-style photo moment.
- CBS Sports: Reimagine the iconic CBS Sports desk with a winter twist celebrating all sports, all the time. While walking around, take a peek at the CBS Sports “Hall of Fame” memorabilia wall, including items from NFL, UEFA & NWSL (San Diego Wave FC), and play a friendly game of shuffleboard.
- Ink Master: Experience a day in the classic Ink Master banquette booth while flipping through a book of airbrush tattoo options from your favorite Paramount+ shows. Stencil options from beloved Paramount+ shows include Beavis and But-Head, Spongebob, RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, and more.
- Pet Sematary: Modeled after the film’s themes, guests will be invited to the Pet Sematary portrait studio for a photo moment where aftereffects will be added to invoke the dead in a beautiful yet dying environment. Post-photo, digital versions will be available for consumers to share on social media.
Additionally, those who attend will be able to redeem their findings from the Paramount’s Passport Digital scavenger hunt, which will also be going on. For that, fans will have to visit all 8 Paramount activations around the Con (both inside and out), to be able to grab a special prize pack. Those who complete the tasks can expect to be on the receiving end of some “themed memorabilia from beloved titles and more”.