Lots to look forward to this week, for fans of Diamond and Gentle Giant. The companies will be on hand with lots to see (and buy) at SDCC.
Doing it up
As SDCC’s go, this is one that Diamond Select and Gentle Giant will be going a bit of an extra yard for. Aside form the usual assortment of exclusive collectibles, which will also be in attendance, DST and GG will be holding a panel that peeks behind the curtains.
Fans can head to the convention center’s room 32ab for that, at 4pm this Thursday. There they’ll get to hear from the twin companies’ president Chuck Terceira, as well as “Dev Gilmore (product manager), Joe Menna (sculptor), Gabe Garcia (production manager) and Joe Allard (designer)”.
The team will be going over what actually goes into creating the myriad of items that DST and GG stock. Marketing supervisor Zach Oat will follow that up with a question and answer session, and take an early look at some of what’s to come.
As mentioned too, there’s also a list of exclusives that’ll be available at the two booths. Those include:
Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones (Sepia) 1/6 Scale Mini-Bust
- A Gentle Giant LTD release! Adventure has a name, and it’s Indiana Jones! Now, the legendary archaeologist swings into the Gentle Giant LTD world with a realistic 1/6 Scale Mini-Bust! Measuring approximately 6 inches tall, torch and whip in hand, this San Diego-exclusive, sepia-tinted bust is limited to only 1,000 pieces and comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Plus, get a free enamel pin of an Indiana Jones Jumbo figure when you buy at the show! SRP: $130.00
Marvel Animated-Style Silver Surfer (Chrome) Statue
- A Diamond Select Toys release! Soar the spaceways in style with this exclusive statue of the Silver Surfer! Cast in shiny chrome, this approximately 4-inch statue of Norrin Radd is based on the Marvel cover artwork of Skottie Young. Limited to only 250 pieces, it comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Sculpted by Casen Barnard! SRP: $65.00
Marvel Comic Captain America Energy Shield 1/7 Scale Mini-Bust
- A Diamond Select Toys release! Captain America is ready to show off his big, big energy! As seen in the 2000s issues of his solo series, when his vibranium shield was shattered, Captain America wields his SHIELD-supplied energy shield in this new variant mini-bust! With a metallic sheen to his costume and a translucent resin shield to allow the light to pass through, this 1/7 scale mini-bust stands approximately 6 inches tall and is limited to only 500 pieces. It comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Designed by Nelson X. Asencio, sculpted by Juan Pitluk! SRP: $70.00
Star Wars Clone Wars Pre Vizsla 1/6 Scale Mini-Bust
- A Gentle Giant LTD release! The leader of the Death Watch has arrived! Pre Vizsla, governor of the moon Concordia and secret leader of the famous Mandalorian commando group, is now the latest 1/6 scale mini-bust from Gentle Giant LTD! Raising the darksaber and measuring approximately 7 inches tall, this exclusive mini-bust features interchangeable helmeted and unhelmeted heads. Limited to only 750 pieces, it comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. SRP: $130.00
Star Wars R2-D2 Droid Factory Jumbo Figure
- It’s R2-D2 as you remember him! For the first time, Gentle Giant LTD is releasing R2-D2 as you saw him in the 1979 Droid Factory set. Measuring approximately 7 inches tall, R2 comes with a removable third leg, so he can cruise around Mos Eisley like he owns the place! This exclusive figure comes packaged in a full-color box. Playset not included. Limited to only 500 pieces. Plus, get a free enamel pin of an Ahsoka Tano Jumbo figure when you buy at the show! SRP: $80.00
While you’re chewing on all of that, remember that we also mentioned a contest or two. The first is pretty straightforward, and involves filling out entry forms in the booth. Fans will be able to enter to win “a graded Star Wars collectible, as well as coupons for the DST and GG LTD websites!”
As for the second, that’s a little more interesting. DST will be hiding “Gem” certificates in select products that you can buy at the shop. These Gems are worth prizes, and the idea is that you’ll get your items home and then discover if you’ve won. Pretty cool!
The Gem certificates will show you how to redeem your prize if you’ve won too, so it should be a ‘no muss, no fuss’ Easter egg hunt. All of the above will be at booth #2607, from July 19th through the 23rd.