Firing a full-on salvo of fresh content is real-time strategy title Crossfire Legion. Expect new units, part III of the campaign, and more.
Maybe war does change
Have you been playing Prime Matter’s Early Access PC title Crossfire Legion? If you have, then you know that the game has been getting a steady evolution as it heads for its full retail edition.
Expanding with new story content and lots more, it’s shaping up to be a sharp looking RTS, that stays true to the genre. And in keeping with that, there’s another fresh drop to chat about.
This one includes a trio of new aircraft, as well as a new map (the Refinery), and part III of the campaign. Scroll down to check out the trailer, as well as get a more detailed look at what’s included with the update.
Oh, and it’s all available as of today. So hop to it and jump in.
Three New Aircraft:
Each faction will receive a new aircraft unit for enhanced aerial combat:
- Broadsword (Global Risk): A gunship that can launch effective attacks against stationary targets. When upgraded, Broadsword gunships get a temporary speed boost for hit-and-run attacks.
- Locust (Black List): An unmanned drone that seeks aerial targets, the Locust self-destructs on impact. It’s capable of bringing down groups of heavy aircraft within its explosion radius.
- Griffin (New Horizon): A light aircraft specializing in air-to-air combat, the Griffin’s attacks deal high damage to a single target but it suffers from a low rate of fire. Upgraded, the Griffin’s weapon range increases.
Refinery Payload Map:
An exciting new map area that will bring extra volatility to player’s custom games and skirmishes in Payload mode is coming in this update. In Refinery, players fight to secure each payload amongst the hazards of a fuel refinery — using the strategic high ground is key in this explosive environment.Prime Matter press release
New Campaign Act:
Campaign Act III will bring the mysterious New Horizon faction into focus, adding further depth to the immersive story of Crossfire: Legion. Blackbird Interactive has a rich history when it comes to creating engaging single-player campaigns – with the release of Campaign Act III, a new layer has been added to the narrative-driven campaign.
Campaign Act III consists of four missions (approx. two hours play time) that focus on New Horizon’s role in the ongoing conflict between Global Risk and Black List. As well as casting light on the mysterious New Horizon faction, and its commanders, these missions will help you refine your battlefield skills.Prime Matter press release
Take control of the battlefield (literally) and customize it to your desire. The map editor is a massive tool that gives you the ability to create fully functional multiplayer and skirmish maps and publish them on our Steam Workshop. Build any manner of battlefield and test your strategies and tactics against those of your fellow commanders.
Creating your own map doesn’t require any additional tools or special skills, it’s all contained in-game. And once done, share your creations by uploading directly to our Steam Workshop!Prime Matter press release
The only limit is your imagination. You can toy with:
- Map size
- Playable area, buildable, and pathable areas
- Camera bounds
- Map themes and lighting
- Ramps and levels
- Many many decals
- Unit placement and restrictions
- Resource nodes
- Power-up drop locations
- Player spawn-point locations
- Fog and Wind
- Audio cues
- And too many other things to list….