With Dying Light 2: Stay Human’s launch well in the rearview, Techland has launched into the company’s scheduled 5 years of continuing content.
Staying human, longer
If you know anything. about developer Techland, then you know that the company likes to support its games. That was definitely true in the case of the original Dying Light, and that initiative is moving on to the game’s sequel.
Techland has announced a five year plan of added content for DL2, a plan that’s already started. This week saw to that, as “In the Footsteps of a Nightrunner” has hit for the game, working in a bunch of fresh content.
Specifically, “In the Footsteps of a Nightrunner” brings a character named Harper to the game’s campaign. A Nightrunner “of old”, Harper’s intro leads the way into a new adventure and then some.
Here’s a look, and the rundown of what’s included:
- Chapter Agent — Meet Harper, a former Nightrunner that acts as your link to the new adventure. Find him at the Fish Eye Canteen and assist him in taking down the Special Infected.
- New Rank System and Unlockables — Strengthen the bond between you and the agent by carrying out his tasks. With enough reputation points, you can rank up to unlock access to high-end weapons, outfits, and consumables.
- Daily and Weekly Bounties — Face the Infected head-on in a series of daily and weekly night activities that will earn you reputation points upon completion.
- 2 New Currencies — To purchase new items, first collect mutation samples off the Special Infected corpses and acquire unique Harper’s Tokens with each new rank.
- New Enemies — Meet the deadly and fierce Mutated Infected, the Volatile Tyrant, and the Volatile Hive.
- Chapter Mission — Purchase a special Chapter Mission Ticket from the Chapter Agent and test your mettle against punishing time trials that will test your stealth, parkour, or combat skills to their absolute limit.
- New Feature: Photo Mode — Our fantastic community asked for it, so we gladly obliged. The Photo Mode feature is here! Take some photos to commemorate your adventures in the City!
All of the above should be live for all versions of Dying Light 2 right now. It’s all free as well, a part of Patch 1.4.