They might not officially be in the same cinematic universe (yet), but new movie versions of Spider-Man and Venom are coming up from Hot Toys.
A match made in…
One just had a blockbuster film, and the other is about to. That, of course, refers to Venom and Spider-Man, both of whom are movie stars a few times over. Okay, in Spidey’s case many times over.
As such, both have had figures already from high-end collectable maker Hot Toys. But with new films come new figures, and that’s just what’s been freshly announced from the company.
First up is Spider-Man himself, portrayed by actor Tom Holland in the MCU films. He’s about to go on a little multiversal adventure, courtesy of Doctor Strange, in No Way Home. That film hits theaters next month, and still holds a number of potentially huge secrets.
One of those, is the box. That’d refer to the box that Spidey is holding, and comes with the new figure reveal from Hot Toys. Sorry, no spoilers in this one, but a cool looking figure nonetheless.
Actually, even if you’re not a fan of this version of the Web-Head (I’m not), this is just a great looking figure of him. Yes, it’s a decidedly ‘MCU’ riff on his black and red look, but it’s terrific looking. And it comes with battle effects on the costume, which you don’t see too often with these figures.
The 1/6 Scale Spider-Man (Battling Version) features:
- Individually hand-painted likeness of Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Specially applied weathering effects on the head sculpts and the outfitOne Peter Parker half-masked head sculpt
- One interchangeable masked head sculpt
- 4 pairs of interchangeable Spider-Man eye pieces to create numerous expression combinations
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- Eleven interchangeable hands for a variety of posing and display options
- One red and black suit with battle damage and weathering effects
- One “The Box”One smartphone
- 6 strings of spider web in different shapes and lengths (attachable to the web-shooters)
- One open spider web effect accessory
- Specially designed roof-themed diorama figure display base with weathering effects
Spider-Man “Battling Version” is up for pre-order form Sideshow Toys right now, and priced at $345 USD. He’s set to ship out in quarter 1 of 2023.
We are Venom!
On the flip side of the coin, comes actor Tom Hardy’s Venom. A unique take on the anti-hero, the Venom films have just had a sequel that did quite well, and seemed to crossover with the MCU at its close. That will undoubtedly have some effect that hasn’t even been teased for No Way Home, and should be fun to see.
As for the figure, it’s pretty cool too. He comes complete with a half-Eddie Brock head, as well as Carnage-like scythe arms, and plenty of tendrils and tongues. Suitably gross-out.
The 1/6 Scale Venom Figure features:
- Hand-painted likeness of Venom in Venom: Let There Be Carnage
- Newly painted head sculpts with screen-accurate facial expressions and detailed skin texture
- One Venomized Eddie Brock head sculpt
- One Venom head sculpt with fanged mouth and three interchangeable tonguesOne interchangeable grinning Venom head sculpt
- Specialized 1/6 scale body with over 20 points of articulation6 interchangeable hands
- One symbiote sickle right hand
- Two symbiote attacking left hands
- One rod
- Two Venom with symbiote accessories: Venom Maw and Grinning Head (wired; attachable to figure’s back)
- Two symbiote accessories (wired; attachable to figure’s back)
- Figure display base with movie logo and character name plate
Venom is up for pre-order as well from Sideshow Toys, and priced at $440 USD. Expect him to ship along with Spidey, some time in the first quarter of 2023.