Along with the first time it’ll be on an Xbox console, Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition sports a number of improvements for existing owners.
From the press release:
- The Enhanced Edition plays at a refresh rate of 60 fps and 1080p (120 doesn’t work).
The Enhanced Edition includes
- dramatically improved gameplay mechanics and motion code
- audio balance improvements
- seven additional months of polish
- improved Slig and follower AI (more intelligent and responsive)
- all previously released updates
Brand New Classic Oddworld Content:
- A separate challenge game mode accessed via the main menu once you complete the game.
- The events in the new content take place prior to the events in Soulstorm.
- XBOX ONLY: Xbox players will go hands-on with Vykkers Labs, a throwback to classic Oddworld 2.5D gameplay featuring short puzzle-filled levels. Earn leaderboard prestige for speed runs or zero-death performances. For those who don’t recall, Vykkers Labs is a large airborne lab used for pharmaceutical testing on animals and run by the sadistic Vykkers.
- PS/PC ONLY: experience Toby’s Escape. Like Vykkers, it is a throwback to classic Oddworld gaming short puzzle-filled levels to master. If you have played Soulstorm, you’ll know Toby from the train, but how did Toby escape RuptureFarms and become the train’s conductor…find out in Toby’s Escape.