Team17 will be publishing PlaySide’s Age of Darkness: Final Stand, described as a “punishing” RTS. With 70k enemies onscreen at once, that sounds about right.
It’s the final countdown
Here are the bullets:
- Nightmares made real: Using an internally developed technology ‘SwarmTech’, Age of Darkness: Final Stand is able to render in over 70, 000 enemies on screen at any point
- All-consuming fog: Claim back the procedurally generated world from ‘The Veil’, a dynamic fog that conceals enemies, and drains the life from a player’s forces
- Earn your blessings: Each ‘Death Night’, a random affliction appears that modifies the game, testing the player’s best laid plans and ability to keep the darkness at bay
- A champion must rise: Leading the charge against the horrors that await, Heroes can be the key to turning the tide of battle with their unique abilities
- An army needs training: Configure your army differently each run with a skill tree system for different classes – grant your archers invisibility or imbue your sentinels with life-stealing rage
Age of Darkness: Final Stand hits Steam for the PC on October 7th, in Early Access form.