If you have yet to see Marvel’s big post-covid comeback movie, you might be interested to learn Black Widow is coming home sooner than later.
Right around the corner
Movies are pretty much just getting back on track now, as the global pandemic starts to wind down at long last. Theaters are open, and films are once again accruing audience totals and weekly ‘takes’. One of the biggest of those has been Marvel’s Black Widow.
In Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller Black Widow, Natasha Romanoff — aka Black Widow — confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger. Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow, Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour portrays Alexei/The Red Guardian, and Rachel Weisz is Melina. Black Widow — the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe — is directed by Cate Shortland and produced by Kevin Feige.Marvel
The Scarlet Johansson-starring film opened to solid critical response, and a decent enough first week’s debut. It didn’t stay that way, as week 2 saw a steep dip, but the entire industry is a little odd right now. And you can add to it that the movie was also available to watch on Disney+, the Mouse’s streaming service. Just how much that might’ve cut into grosses, I don’t know.
If though, you were a fan who’s not yet managed to see the movie, then you’ll be happy to know that you have another chance. Right around the corner is the home video launch for Widow, on August 10th.
You’ll be able to grab a copy of Black Widow via either Blu Ray, DVD, or 4K Ultra HD. It’s a pretty loaded disc too, and is stocked with a large collection of deleted scenes, as well as the usual assortment of bloopers and featurettes.
Scroll down to check out the full selection of bonuses.
Marvel Studios’ Black Widow Bonus Features*
- Bloopers – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Black Widow.
- Deleted Scenes
- Grocery Shopping – Natasha heads into a grocery store to prepare for her journey through Norway. After a long drive, she arrives at her destination: a mysterious trailer in the middle of nowhere.
- Bike Chase – Tailed by assailants, Natasha and Yelena speed through the city in order to escape their nemeses.
- Gulag Fight – Alexei squares up against several enemies and is quickly overpowered. When all hope seems lost, Natasha leaps in to lend a hand in the fight.
- Smile – The Taskmaster protocol is activated in a tense moment, and an iconic helmet is unveiled.
- Come After Me – Secretary Ross and Mason discover an important message Natasha left behind.
- Walk and Talk – Alexei and Melina have a playful exchange. The Taskmaster arrives and faces off with Alexei.
- Widows in Training – Yelena and Alexei awaken in captivity. Melina hands the Taskmaster vials while the Widows train.
- Kiss – Alexei and Melina reunite after the action. Natasha grieves over an untimely demise in the brutal aftermath.
- Ohio – Natasha witnesses the carefree nature of the Ohio suburbs through the neighborhood children.
- Filmmaker Introduction Featurette – Director Cate Shortland introduces the film and her vision for it.
- Sisters Gonna Work It Out Featurette – Watch Scarlett and Florence as they train, fight, and bond to become the sister duo in Black Widow. Listen as the cast and crew discuss the characters, rigorous training, and building the dynamic between the two fearsome siblings.
- Go Big If You’re Going Home Featurette – Step back to appreciate the size and scale of Black Widow’s solo film. Shot around the world, the film balances family and drama with mind-blowing action. The cast and crew reveal the intricacies of stunts that made the film so action-packed.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer