Development updates on their latest adventure have been notably quiet since their previous release, but it looks as though they are working on a new PS5 title.
Pixleopus’ Job Listing
As per the announcement via Twitter today, Pixelopus is in the market to hire a Principal Graphics Programmer to help work on this unknown new title. The job responsibilities are as follows:
- Key contributor to the development of technology of cutting edge, 3d rendering technology within the constraints of the target system and performance characteristics of the game engine. This includes, but is not limited to, Complex shader coding, Lighting Models, Special effects (bloom, fog etc.), Occlusion schemes utilizing the rendering architecture, Particle systems, Shadowing Solutions etc.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the engine and tools pipeline.
- Managing graphical performance budgets and expectations with the team.
- Maintaining a knowledge of the game design to manage the identification of graphics led solutions to requested features. This could include but is not limited to, the use of complex shader tricks in achieving a specific visual effect, as requested by the art or design team.
- Providing input into the technical design and the vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game design.
- Taking ownership of systems and shepherding them from architecture to ship, including rollout to the team.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Managing requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintaining skill set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
Speculation For Now
Although this listing can only point in one direction, we have no idea what this new title could be, however, we will keep you posted when more news comes to light.