Super Mario fans, get ready because the Switch edition of Super Mario 3D World is here, as well as Little Nightmares II, and a bunch of smaller releases.
The neo-classic returns
I’m a pretty big Super Mario fan. For me, I don’t think there’s been a better Mario adventure in recent years than Super Mario 3D World. And yes, I include Odyssey in that.
Super Mario 3D World originally launched on the Wii U, and captured all of the fun of Super Mario adventures, combined with 3D gameplay. It was fantastic, and now it’s back for another go, this time on the Switch.
Of course, this being Nintendo, there’s a title bit of new to go along with the terrific original. That comes in the form of Bowser’s Fury, a new open-world trip through the Mushroom Kingdom, that’ll have Mario face-to-face with a monstrous kaiju-sized King of the Koopas. It’s pretty easily the spotlight game of the week on the Download.
But of course, it’s not alone. Also out or coming up shortly are games like Little Nightmares II, Undermine, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV, and a whole mess of indies.
Scroll down to check it out.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – Sink your claws into two action-packed Marioadventures! In the Super Mario 3D World part of the game, adventure through a whirlwind of colorful courses with friends, with online* and local** co-op multiplayer for up to four players. In Bowser’s Fury, you’ll freely frolic through Lake Lapcat, an explorable world with a variety of islands. This time Bowser’s bigger, badder and madder than ever before. Grab a buddy to play as Bowser Jr., who can fly around fighting enemies and discovering secrets in local multiplayer mode. Plus, Bowser will have to contend with the debut of Giga Cat Mario, Mario’s fur-midable new form! Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury will be available on Feb. 12.
- Little Nightmares II – Return to a world of charming horror in Little Nightmares II, a suspense-adventure game in which you play as Mono, a young boy trapped in a world that has been distorted by the humming transmission of a distant tower. With Six, the girlin the yellow raincoat, as his guide, Mono sets out to discover the dark secrets of the Signal Tower. Their journey won’t be easy; Mono and Six will face a host of new threats from the terrible residents of this world. Will you dare to face this collection of new, little nightmares?
- UnderMine – Delve deep into the UnderMine and discover its secrets, one peasant at a time! UnderMine is an action-adventure roguelike that blends combat and dungeon crawling with RPG-like progression. Mine gold, die, upgrade yourself and try again! Discover hundreds of items, including relics, potions, blessings and curses that all combo and stack for a new experience every run. Challenge dangerous bosses and rescue helpful characters that provide new upgrades for your adventure. Decipher the cryptic messages of the UnderMine’s residents and unfold the mystery at the heart of the dungeon.
- Pounce on This Kittenish Keepsake – A new My Nintendo reward is coming! Cat lovers and Mario fans alike will want to get their paws on the adorable Cat Mario keychain, which also features Cat Peach, Cat Toad and Cat Luigi on the strap. Redeem your My Nintendo Platinum points and meow your friends with this cat-tastic My Nintendo reward! Visit https://my.nintendo.com/to learn more.
- Brave Adventurers Discover Demo Points – Explore a new world as you fight for survival with your customized team of heroes in the BRAVELY DEFAULT II game, a strikingly beautiful RPG adventure. Adventurers who download the latest BRAVELY DEFAULT II game demo in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch by Feb. 26 will now earn 100 My Nintendo Platinum Points … by default!
- A Golden Opportunity – For a limited time, you can earn up to 600 My Nintendo Gold Points – twice the normal amount – when you purchase select digital games through Nintendo eShop, Nintendo.com (where available) or participating retailers.*** Eligible games include Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, among others! Get started by visiting https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/#double-gold-points.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- #1 Crosswords – Available Feb. 12
- #DRIVE – Available Feb. 16
- Arcade Archives Ninja Kazan
- Asterix & Obelix XXL 3 – The Crystal Menhir
- Azur Lane: Crosswave – Available Feb. 16
- Binarystar Infinity
- BRUTAL RAGE – Available Feb. 16
- Escape First 2
- Fallen Legion Revenants – Available Feb. 16
- FINALSWORD DefinitiveEdition
- Gal*Gun Returns – Available Feb. 12
- Half Past Fate: Romantic Distancing – Available Feb. 14
- Halloween Forever – Available Feb. 12
- Healer’s Quest
- Joker Poker – Video Poker
- Negative: The Way of Shinobi
- ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS XIV: Diplomacy and Strategy Expansion Pack Bundle
- Speedway Bundle Stock & Truck – Available Feb. 12
- Steamroll – Available Feb. 12
- Summer Catchers
- The Flower Collectors
- Tri6: Infinite
- UltraGoodness 2 – Available Feb. 12
* Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
** Additional games, systems and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Games, systems and some accessories sold separately.
*** Offer valid from 1/31/2021 at 9:00 p.m. PT to 2/28/2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Gold Points are awarded based on the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used) and have no cash value. Bonus points will be issued within 14 days of purchase, are earned based on the original list price of the game on Nintendo eShop, and will vary by country and currency. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.