Just kicking off, King in Black brought the god of the symbiotes to the front door of the Marvel U. Check out the a tease of how it comes to an end.
All good things must come to an end
King in Black has been teased for a good long time, but the event is finally here. Launching into stores this month with a first issue, King has introduced Knull in all his unearthly glory. And the god of the symbiotes has rained down some serious pain on Marvel’s Earth.
But that’s just the beginning, since creator Donny Cates has 4 more issues to go, and there are a whole bunch of tie-in issues planned. That includes a slate that’s just been announced that will close out the saga along with King in Black #5 this coming March.
Here’s how those are shaping up:
- KING IN BLACK: SPIDER-MAN by writer Jed MacKay and artist Michele Bandini.
- The war for Hell’s throne meets the war against the God of Symbiotes when Johnny Blaze gets caught in the madness of King in Black in KING IN BLACK: GHOST RIDER by writer Ed Brisson and artist Juan Frigeri.
- Scream makes her highly-anticipated return in KING IN BLACK: SCREAM by writer Clay McLeod Chapman and artist Garry Brown. Will her return be short-lived or does she hold the key to putting a dent in Knull’s symbiotic armor?
- And newlywed Young Avengers Wiccan and Hulkling’s honeymoon is taken over by symbiotes in KING IN BLACK: HULKLING AND WICCAN by writer Tini Howard and artist Luciano Vecchio.
- Also spinning out of KING BLACK, everyone’s favorite Korbinite finds a new destiny in BETA RAY BILL, a new series written and drawn by Daniel Warren Johnson.
Getting back to the main King in Black book though, it sounds like some more mighty changes are in store for Eddie Brock and his symbiotic pal. Marvel is teasing that “the very fate of all symbiotes is decided, and the future of the saga of Venom is revealed” when the mini-series concludes.
So does that mean the end of Venom? Stay tuned, there’s plenty more to come on this one before all is said and done.