A dungeon under an old cathedral haunted by a cadre of demons might sound familiar, but Book of Demons is whole new take on the formula.
First released on the PC, Book of Demons is a pretty original take on what’s become a well worn genre. While it might, at first, look like a click and clash aRPG, BoD is actually something else entirely.
The game includes cards that you deal to interact with its world, casting magics and using items. It also sort of plays like a classic tabletop board game, complete with pre-set paths.
Actually, it looks like a board game as well, thanks to the neat papercraft look that the graphics convey.
Check it out…
- Three playable classes, each with different cards: Warrior, Rogue and Mage
- 40 cards with magical and legendary variants per character class
- Three underground realms and epic Quest Boss battles
- 7 families of monsters with 70+ variations including custom traits and mechanics
- Roguelike mode for fans seeking an extreme challenge
- Four unlockable endgame difficulties in Freeplay mode after completing the campaign
- Complete offering of cards ever released
- Special grand finale surprise after defeating the insidious Archdemon
Sounds cool? Then you might be interested to know that the game is on its way to consoles. Expect it to hit the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch next week, on April 30th.
Switch gamers will get a special 10% off bonus too, if they pre-order the game via the eShop. So if you can, you might want to go that route. And if you’d like to see what we thought of Book of Demons, click here to check out our review of the PC edition.