An island banana republic that has social media? Sure, why not. Tropico 6’s latest downloadable content includes a social media riff.
Celebrate your gloriousness
The latest game in the series, Tropico 6 is the best one in a long time. Loaded up with some excellent looks and tons of play possibilities, Tropico 6 already has a solid name. It’s slowly being ever-improved too, with a host of DLC.
The latest pack of those is Spitter, and it just might bring the coolest additions yet. The biggest of those is actually called Spitter. Of course, that’s an obvious riff on one of the biggest social media networks.
Spitter DLC adds a new fame feature to Tropico 6. Using Spitter, the only social media app approved for use in Tropico, players can make a name for themselves through interactions with faction leaders, courtships with influencers and connections with celebrities. They can also build new attractions such as the Rehab Center and Beauty Farm to ensure that citizens and visitors have everything they need right at their doorstep.Kalypso Media
- Spitter social media feature: interact with superstars and faction leaders via a social app to increase your standing and unlock new traits for celebrities
- New mission and sandbox map
- 3 new buildings: lure celebrities to Tropico by building a Rehab Center or Beauty Farm, or assist in their decision to become permanent residents using the Super Villa
- New trait: Narcissist
- 3 new audio tracks including: ‘Comercio Feliz’, ‘La Celebridad’ and ‘Fiesta en el Club’
- 5 new customization options for El Prez and his palace
Spitter is available now for the PC, Xbox One, and PS4 editions of the game. It will run you $9.99 USD to add onto your base copy of Tropico 6.