Ever wonder what Marvel Comics’ greatest heroes would look like as villains? Wonder no more as a new line of variant covers offers just that.
First, no, this has nothing to do with any crossover or event series. The “Dark Marvel” series is simply a selection of cover images, which will adorn some of Marvel’s book come this May.
Nonetheless, the covers are pretty cool. They kind of recall Infinity War’s dopplegangers, or DC Comics’ Dark Multiverse and its Batman Who Laughs. I could easily see these spawning some kind of comic down the line, though again, right now they’re just a bunch of cool covers.
In all, the cover selection will include:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #45 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by DOALY
- BLACK WIDOW #2 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by OLIVIER VATINE
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #22 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by PATCH ZIRCHER with colors by MORRY HOLLOWELL
- DOCTOR DOOM #8 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by RYAN BROWN
- DEADPOOL #7 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by TONY DANIEL with colors by DAVID CURIEL
- DR. STRANGE #6 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by DAVE JOHNSON
- POWER PACK #2 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by GURIHIRU
- X-FACTOR #2 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by DAVID NAKAYAMA
Marvel says that this is just the beginning as well, so be on the lookout for more of these in the future. As for this slate, May will be the month for them.