It’s a big year for Ghostbusters fans. Not only has a true Ghostbusters 3 been announced, but there are also 4 one-shots comics coming from IDW. Each focusing on a different team.
It’s a good year indeed, specifically for fans of the boys in grey. The universe of the original Ghostbusters has been tapped for a fresh movie sequel, one that’s been a long, long (long) time coming.
Ghostbusters 3 aside though, there’s even more Ghostbusters coming up in short order. And what IDW has ready should make fans of every one of the team’s incarnations happy.
A four pack of one-shots is planned for the line, all landing at retail in April. Each one will focus on a different team of Ghostbusters, and each will be a self-contained tale.
All together, they are:
- Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary: Ghostbusters by Erik Burnham (writer) and Dan Schoening (artist)
- First out of the Firehouse are the original ‘busting team of Peter, Winston, Egon and Ray, who have seen a lot of things during their time as paranormal investigators, but the latest case might just turn history on its head! Could it be that they’ve found proof of… Atlantis?
- Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary: Real Ghostbusters
- by Cavan Scott (writer) and Marcelo Ferreira (artist)
- The Real Ghostbusters keep losing business to a flashy new rival ghost-catching company: SPOOKS AWAY! But there’s something sinister in the neighborhood, and it’s up to Ray Stantz to go undercover to find out who—or what is behind these new supernatural elimination superstars!
- Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary: Answer The Call Ghostbusters by Devin Grayson (writer) and S.L. Gallant (artist)
- Do demons get visitation rights? A harried young mother tries to accommodate a stream of otherworldly visitors, intent on paying their respects to her half-demon toddler, and Erin, Abby, Patty, and Holtzman find themselves mediating the custody battle from hell!
- Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary: Extreme Ghostbusters by Jim Beard and Keith Dallas (writers), and Tim Lattie (artist)
- Ever wish you could talk to animals? Well, when the furry, feathered, and finny inhabitants of the Central Park Zoo star demanding their release, the people of New York just wish they’d shut up! It’s up to Egon and his Extreme Ghostbustersto free the beasts from their fiendish possession!
But wait, there’s more
While there’s not a whole of info for it yet, IDW says there’s plenty more to come with the “Prime” team of Ghostbusters yet to come. It seems the comic book publisher will be taking full advantage of the upcoming film.
We’ll have more to come on this as it’s revealed.