Chibi-Robo, 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and The Legend of Legacy highlight.
The new Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash releases on October 9th, and while it’s not a proper successor to the Gamecube adventure, it looks to be a fun title in its own right- plus, who can resist a Chibi-Robo amiibo? The amiibo comes bundled in with the $39.99 version ($34.99 with Amazon Prime, $32 with Best Buy’s Gamers’ Club), and the game otherwise will run you a discounted $29.99.
Atlus is releasing The Legend of Legacy on October 13th, an RPG with seven characters each with their own opening. Give the demo a shot and have your progress carry over when you pick up the game itself. I enjoyed my hands on greatly, and am in love with the frog prince Filmia. Like Bravely Default, the North American version of The Legend of Legacy comes with several balancing and mechanic tweaks to hopefully make for a stronger package.
Hoping to get my hands on both, but you might be more interested in the 3DS remaster of classic Sonic the Hedgehog 2, or Pocky & Rocky with Becky on Wii U’s Virtual Console.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash – Our tiny hero, Chibi-Robo, is geared up to save the world’s resources from invading aliens in his own HUGE platformer! Whip and swing Chibi-Robo’s powerful plug and cord to grapple and zip through tricky, trap-ridden corridors.
- 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Classic game Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is here … and in 3D! Sonic is ready to save the day, and this time he’s got help from his friend Tails. But don’t forget to take some time off from saving the world to play against your friends in two-player “VS” and “CO-OP” modes using Nintendo 3DS local play. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- The Legend of Legacy – A mysterious island emerges, prompting adventurers to head toward it in hopes of obtaining glory and treasure. Join the seven characters in The Legend of Legacy and unravel the mystery of Avalon’s past. The Legend of Legacy will be available on Oct. 13. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Pocky & Rocky with Becky – It’s up to Pocky, Rocky the Raccoon and Becky to set out on a fantastical and dangerous journey to seal the Hydra Dragon once more. Choose one of three selectable characters in this Game Boy Advance adventure, and collect magical items and a variety of power-ups that enhance each character’s unique spells and abilities.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Explody Bomb up to 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
- Little Inferno is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 15
- KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Funfair Party Games, Jewel Match 3 and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit and Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends from Majesco are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 19.
- Darts Up 3D, Soccer Up 3D and more games from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
- Retro City Rampage: DX is 40 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 26.
- escapeVektor is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $3.49) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 10 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 24.
- Real Heroes Firefighter 3D is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
- Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $8 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 8.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- SEGA Game Gear Theme
- SEGA Genesis Theme
- Chibi-Robo & Friends
Also new this week:
- RACE THE SUN (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Whispering Willows (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Perpetual Blast (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Goosebumps: The Game (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Oct. 13
- The Smurfs (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Oct. 13
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visithttp://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.