Beat Atlus and Vanillaware’s Dragon’s Crown yet? Well get ready, because the developer has just updated the game with a bunch of new stuff including thousands upon thousands of new levels. No, that’s not a misprint.
Yes, the level cap is being boosted from 99 to 255 and there’s an all-new difficulty level (Inferno) ready to smack you and your mage around, but that’s not the most incredible new addition to the gorgeous beat’em up/RPG. No, that would most definitely be the Tower of Mages.
The Tower of Mages is a new area for the game and plays into the new level cap in that you’ll not have to just play the ‘same levels over and over’ to level up your fighters. The Tower has an almost infinite amount of stages to it with Atlus promising that there are “tens of thousands” of new stages to play through. Think you’ll ever run out of stuff to do now? Not too likely.
Here’s the full list of what’s new in the fifth and final patch for Dragon’s Crown:
- Gameplay stability is improved.
- Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new “Ultimate” difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
- When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the “Tower of Mirages” is added.
- Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from LV 99 to LV 255.
- Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
- Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
- To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
- Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
- Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.
- Character class skills have received a number of adjustments.
- NPC behavior has been adjusted.
- Rules and effects regarding equipment, items, and skills in the Colosseum have been adjusted.
- Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been made.
The patch is available right now and can be downloaded for your PS Vita or PS3 version of the game. Oh, and remember that DC is cross-play capable now; so if you have one version of it…