Joe Madureira’s Battle Chasers is set to bring fantasy action back to comics shops, and it’ll be in style too with some top talent providing variant covers.
Number 10 is the official issue marking the return of artist and creator Joe Madureira’s fantasy epic, Battle Chasers. The book has been on hiatus since 2001 …? Wait, can that be right?
Before you look it up, it indeed is right, with Madureira leaving comics altogether at that point for a career in video games. Ever hear of a little series called Darksiders? Yeah, that’s him. In any even though, he’s very much back to finish the fight, and prepping Battle Chasers #10 for launch next month.
The issue will feature the art of Ludo Lullabi on interiors, and a murders row of comics stars (including Lullabi) providing a set of covers to mark the occasion. Not only will the covers be something special by the way, but the book itself will be a jumbo 36-pager with zero ads.
Battle Chasers #10 tells the bloody tale of retired swordsman Garrison and the fugitive Red Monika as they face off against Maestro’s gang of supernatural killers-the Martial Paladins! This long-awaited tenth issue is bursting at the seams with 36 pages of story and no ads!Image Comics press release
Variants will include:
- Cover A by Lullabi – Diamond Code APR230054
- Cover B by Madureira – Diamond Code APR230055
- Cover C by J. Scott Campbell – Diamond Code APR230056
- Cover D by Humberto Ramos – Diamond Code APR230057
- Cover E by Chris Bachalo – Diamond Code APR230058
- Cover F by Skottie Young – Diamond Code APR230059
- Cover G by Mirka Andolfo – Diamond Code APR230060
Ready for battle? Battle Chasers #10 hits the stands on June 14th.