The Bayonetta spinoff finally arrives on the Switch this week, with Cereza and The Lost Demon. Also out is Have a Nice Death, Kung Fury and more.
Lil witchay woman
It’s always worth mentioning when there’s a new Bayonetta title out, and that includes this week’s. A spinoff from the mainline series, Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and The Lost Demon is definitely something different for the franchise.
The game presents a storybook-like take on a young Cereza as she adventures through some wicked woods. While it’s different for sure, the graphics look to be pretty nice, and the gameplay seems to present a mix of action and spells.
But if that’s not your bag, there’s also Have a Nice Death. A beautifully animated but macabre tale, Have a Nice Death casts players as the reaper himself, out to get a handle on his own employees. They’ve been taking a few too many souls in the mortal realm, it seems.
Want more? Well, the Mario sale is still rolling, so if you have yet to pick up every title starring Nintendo’s number one mascot, you still have a chance. The Last Testament of Sherlock Holmes hits this week too, for a little sleuthing action, and the comedic side-scrolling action-battler Kung Fury is out as well.
Add to that the lengthy collection of smaller launches to peruse, and there’s quite a bit to slake that gaming thirst on Nintendo’s console this week.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon – Join the young witch Cereza, long before she is known as Bayonetta, as she journeys through the forbidden Avalon Forest to find the power to save her mother. Play as both Cereza and her stuffed-toy demon companion, Cheshire, as they wander through the enchanted forest. Plus, you can experience the beginning of Bayonetta’s story right now with the free demo available in Nintendo eShop. The Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon game will be available on March 17.
- Have a Nice Death – Don the robes of Death Incorporated’s CEO – Death himself – in this hand-drawn 2D action roguelike game. Explore the darkly charming, procedurally generated departments of the corporation’s headquarters, and use an arsenal of weapons, spells and special curses in your mission to round up the rampaging employees who have been snatching up too many souls on Earth. Have a Nice Death launches for Nintendo Switch on March 22.
- Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 – Become MEGA in Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 2. Ride the grind rails of MEGA City and swerve on its streets on a sports bike. Go beyond the neon towers to the rest of the new biome: Cause havoc at Steamy Springs, drive a Neon Drifter to the Drift Ridge car track and sharpen your Kinetic Blade skills at Kenjutsu Crossing. Jump into MEGA City today!
- My Nintendo SUPER NINTENDO WORLD Family Fun Sweepstakes – Enter for a chance to win a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood, where you and your family can discover thrilling rides and immersive activities within the captivating Mushroom Kingdom at SUPER NINTENDO WORLD!* Visit https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/a838b15ba7ad61c9 to learn more.
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Day & Night Printable Box Art Covers – Embark on an adventure of your own with eight reversible box art covers showcasing the day and night character artwork by Character Designer, Naoki Ikushima. Choose which character version you want to display with your physical version of the OCTOPATH TRAVELER II game. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/3af9df71e034fcec to learn more.
- Metroid Prime Remastered Rewards Land on My Nintendo – Attention, Metroid fans! New My Nintendo rewards are now available, including wallpapers and the physical Metroid Prime Remastered Big Pin Set reward. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/5e6bcbaa67149393 to learn more.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Save on Select Mario Games! – Celebrate the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom with two waves of savings on select Nintendo Switch games. The first half of the sale lasts until March 23 at 11:59 p.m. PT. It features deals on digital games and DLC** featuring Mario and friends, including Mario Party Superstars, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and the Luigi’s Mansion 3: Multiplayer Pack DLC. The second wave of the sale runs from March 24 at 12 a.m. PT until April 7 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This sale includes savings on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2 and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. Remember that My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points*** on qualifying digital purchases. Even more good news, Mario fans! When you buy select digital games featured**** in the MAR10 Day sale, you’ll receive a code for a free 7-day trial of Nintendo Switch Online. Games on sale can be purchased directly in Nintendo eShop or on Nintendo.com at https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/#mar10-day.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Air Battle
- Alice Gear Aegis CS Concerto of Simulatrix
- Amber City
- Animals Names – Available March 20
- Arcade Archives TURBO FORCE
- Bitter-Sweet Cohabitation – ビタースイート – 家出少女とワケあり同棲生活 –
- Blocky Farm
- Cute And Creepy – Available March 17
- Draw a Stickman EPIC 3
- emoji Kart Racer
- Fantasy Ball – Available March 18
- Flame Keeper – Available March 17
- FUR Squadron – Available March 17
- FurryFury: Smash & Roll – Available March 20
- Kung Fury: Street Rage – ULTIMATE EDITION – Available March 20
- Link The Cubes
- Loot Box Simulator – Heroes of the Dark Age
- METAL DOGS
- My Little Prince – A jigsaw puzzle tale
- NONO ADVENTURE
- Off The Tracks – Available March 17
- Peppa Pig: World Adventures – Available March 17
- POST VOID
- Puzzle by Nikoli S Masyu
- Remnant: From the Ashes – Available March 21
- Saint Maker – Available March 22
- Sherlock Purr
- Showtime: Vampire Diaries
- Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL
- Space Haters
- Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers
- Steal It
- SUBWAY MIDNIGHT
- Tanky Tanks 2
- The Guise – Available March 17
- The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
- The Three Little Pigs: Interactive Book
- The Treflik Family – Available March 17
- Unheard – Voices of Crime Edition – Available March 21
- Unmatched: Digital Edition
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years old or older. Sweepstakes begins 12:00AM PT on 3/10/2023 and ends at 11:59PM PT on 4/25/2023. To enter, you must (1) have a Nintendo Account (if you do not have a Nintendo Account you can register for one at https://my.nintendo.com/); (2) visit https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/a838b15ba7ad61c9; (3) sign in to your Nintendo Account, and (4) redeem 10 Platinum Points per entry at the My Nintendo SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ Family Fun Sweepstakes page (https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/a838b15ba7ad61c9) as stated in the Official Rules. One (1) winner will receive a 3 day, 2 night trip for Winner and up to 3 Guests to Universal Studios Hollywood in Universal City, California. Trip will include: round trip coach (economy) class air transportation for Winner and up to 3 Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Studios Hollywood in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles, California; 2 nights’ standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at the Sheraton Universal Hotel (or at another nearby hotel as determined by Universal Studios Hollywood in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Los Angeles, CA; and 2-Day General Admission tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood theme park each for Winner and up to 3 Guests. For a Winner who is a California resident, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Universal Studios Hollywood in its sole discretion. The Fair Market Value of Prize is $4,746.00 (actual value may vary depending on departure date and location). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Details and restrictions apply. For full Official Rules and prize details, visit https://www.nintendo.com/events/rules/mynintendo-super-nintendo-world-family-fun-2023-official-sweepstakes. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052.
** Full version of game required to use DLC for that game. Sold separately.
*** Gold Points are awarded based on the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used) and have no cash value. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.
**** Mario Party Superstars, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Luigi’s Mansion 3 purchased between March 10 (MAR10 Day!) at 12 a.m. PT until March 23 at 11:59 p.m. PT and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2, and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury purchased between March 24 at 12 a.m. PT until April 7 at 11:59 p.m. PT are eligible for the free Nintendo Switch Online 7-day trial. Redeem code by December 31, 2024. Credit card/PayPal account required for 18+. Free trial cannot be redeemed for a Nintendo Switch Online – Expansion Pack membership nor by a Nintendo Account with an active Individual Membership or Family Membership. Online features and Save Data Cloud features available in compatible games. Not available in all countries. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply. nintendo.com/switch-online