Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone both have seasons coming to a close this week, and it’s a finale that’ll see the return of a few marquee names.
Bad times don’t last
Last Stand is bringing major updates to all three gaming experiences. In Warzone, Caldera’s Peak is ready to rumble — players can wreak havoc or defend the island from sabotage. In Multiplayer, players will deploy to two new fast-paced maps, Beheaded and Fortress. The Zombies story continues the Dark Aether saga, where players face off against Kortifex the Deathless in Vanguard’s round-based finale, “The Archon.”Activision press release
We told you all about the arrival of The Archon in CoD’s zombies mode last week, and you can read about that here. But The Last Stand is bringing a hell of a lot more than just zombies, across both Vanguard and Warzone.
Here’s a rundown of what you can expect, when the final season of content for the “Vanguard” era hits on August 24th:
Warzone Updates Include:
- Volcanic Activity at Caldera. Ominous seismic activity is occurring at the Peak. Avoid the lava flowing at your feet and watch for molten rocks shooting sky-high and back down to earth again.
- New Caldera Gulag, Lighting Changes. Get back into the match with the new volcanic-themed Gulag inspired by an old favorite. Plus, experience new skies and lighting updates across Caldera and Rebirth Island.
- New Tools and Opportunities. Trigger the Doomsday Station and defend your position to earn a unique cosmetic reward along with powerful in-game items. Up your game with the Supply Box UAV, Personal Supply Box, and Rage Serum.
- Defend or Sabotage Caldera. Compete in the limited-time mode, Operation: Last Call, inspired by Search and Destroy, featuring different outcomes based on your match results. Choose your side in the Heroes vs. Villains Community Event and earn rewards for participating.
Vanguard Updates Include:
- New Maps: Beheaded, Fortress. Take up position inside Lady Liberty’s head in the small post-apocalyptic New York City landscape of Beheaded, and battle in a desert graveyard featuring the remains of old ships in Fortress.
- Round-Based Zombies Finale: “The Archon.” The epic conclusion of Vanguard Zombies is here in the latest round-based experience featuring a familiar hunting ground, new narrative quest and side quests, new Dark Aether story revelations, and the final showdown with Kortifex the Deathless himself.
Want more info? Click on over the official Activision blog here.