One of DC Comics’ best loved animated series’, The Batman is finally getting the full remastered treatment and a fresh launch on home video.
The Batman Returns
With a film of the same name arriving in 2022, Warner Bros and DC are heading back into the animated-vault for a brand new revisitation. This time it’s for The Batman, as in the cartoon show.
The Batman kicked off in 2004, and ran for 4 seasons across both WB and Cartoon Network. The show debuted a much younger Bruce Wayne than we’d seen before, and was almost an extended origin story. It also introduced many of the hero’s foes, as well as Robin and Batgirl.
Some of these takes were pretty unique too. If you’ve ever seen the Joker’s portrayal, it’s… different. Still, the show had a quality to it that hadn’t been seen since the iconic Batman: The Animated Series, and told some excellent stories. Now you’ll be able to add all of them to your own library as well, thanks to the new Blu-Ray collection.
Set for release this coming February, the set will include all 65 episodes of the show, on both Blu-Ray and digital formats.
The Batman: The Complete Series – Special Features
- The Dark Dynasty Continues (New Featurette) – Explore the relationship between The Batman and his allies as he evolves from mysterious vigilante to the World’s Greatest Detective.
- Joining Forces: The Batman’s Legendary Team-Ups (Featurette) – How the series’ producers adapted the DC “Team-Up-Tales” approach from the comic books to the screen.
- The Batman Junior Detective Challenge (Quiz) – Alfred tests your detective skills with The Batman: The Complete Series challenge.
- The Batman Junior Detective Exam: Level 2 (Quiz) – Pass The Batman test of knowledge with the level 2 exam.
- Building Batman (Featurette) – Detective Ellen Yin investigates The Batman’s true identity.
- Gotham PD Case Files (Featurette) – Highly confidential profiles of The Batman’s most dastardly foes.
- New Look, New Direction, New Knight (Featurette) – Go behind the scenes to explore the development of The Batman television series.
- The Batman: Season 3 Unmasked (Featurette) – Supervising Producer Duane Capizzi talks about the animated series.
- The Batman: Season 4 Unmasked (Featurette) – A behind the scenes look into the making of Season 4.
The six-time Emmy Award-winning series premiered on September 11, 2004 on Kids’ WB before eventually shifting to Cartoon Network for subsequent seasons. The Batman: The Complete Series follows 20-something-year-old Bruce Wayne’s early adventures as he balances his daytime persona as a bachelor billionaire with his nighttime guise as a caped crimefighter. Along the way, Batman is joined by allies Robin and Batgirl as they combat Gotham City’s Rogues’ Gallery, including updated versions of his familiar foes as well as a bevy of rarely seen villains like Killer Moth and The Everywhere Man. Join one of the most complex and intriguing character in comic book history for action-packed super heroic adventures that test the limits of this legendary character’s extraordinary physical prowess and super-sleuthing skills.Warner Bros
The Batman arrives on store shelves on February 1st, 2022.