Ramping up into the US launch of the latest Dune film, a very interesting companion book is just about ready for launch. Check out the details.
It’s art and soul
Dune has been a long-time coming. The film from director Denis Villenueve is the first big-screen foray for the property since the ill-received 1980s edition from David Lynch. The differences seem like night and day, with Villenueve’s looking much grittier, and obviously with far superior special effects.
While it’s been out internationally since September 19th, Dune finally opens in the US on October 22nd. But the movie is not all that comes out that day, bearing the Dune name. That’s because Insight Editions has The Art and Soul of Dune coming up as well.
The Art and Soul of Dune is a companion book of sorts, one that digs int the behind-the-scenes of what went into the movie. Oh, and it has a soundtrack. And it’s from Hans Zimmer.
Just check out the trailer below (yes, it has a trailer too).
Written by Dune executive producer Tanya Lapointe, this visually dazzling exploration of the filmmaking process gives unparalleled insight into the project’s genesis—from its striking environmental and creature designs to its intricate costume concepts and landmark digital effects. The Art and Soul of Dune also features exclusive interviews with key members of the cast and crew, including Denis Villeneuve, Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, and many more, delivering a uniquely candid account of the hugely ambitious international shoot.Insight Editions
In addition to the base edition, there’s also a Limited Edition of the book coming. Landing day and date with the standard, the LE will boast a number of additional features.
- The first 700 copies will feature a signed and numbered signature card, individually inscribed by filmmaker Denis Villeneuve, author and executive producer Tanya Lapointe, stars Timothée Chalamet and Josh Brolin, and director of photography Greig Fraser. These copies will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- The Limited Edition version of The Art and Soul of Dune features an exclusive cloth cover with ornate, foil-stamped House of Atreides and Harkonnen symbols.
- An exclusive companion volume titled simply Dune features candid and intimate on-set photography by Oscar-nominated director of photography Greig Fraser, accompanied by Josh Brolin’s personal perspective and recollections of the production. This volume, designed, custom printed, and hand bound with a variety of fine Japanese papers, provides an authentic and tactile experience that reflects the aesthetics of the film.
- A unique, cloth-bound reproduction of the Fremkit instruction booklet prop created for the movie, featuring 80 pages of exclusive, previously unseen art from the film.
- Packaged in an elaborate deluxe clamshell case wrapped in saifu cloth, featuring copper-stamped bespoke imagery based on the Bene Gesserit designs created for the movie.
Unlike the standard, the Limited Edition is available exclusively via Insight Editions. You can find it here, in the company’s online shop.