While there’s a full remake on the horizon, the original Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic is making the jump to the Nintendo Switch in November.
The classic returns
It’s been a pretty good year for Knights of the Old Republic fans. The iconic Star Wars RPG has seen a full-on remake announced, but now there’s also news that the original version is coming back too.
Announced as a part of yesterday’s Nintendo Direct, Publisher Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games will bring the full, original KotR experience to the Switch for a little portable galaxy hopping.
- Journey through a Star Wars classic set in an era before the rise of the Empire, filled with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
- Experience a deep RPG with customizable characters and meaningful choices that impact your experiences with the story and your squad.
- Harness the power of the Force with over 40 different abilities and wield your own lightsaber.
- Adventure through eight enormous and iconic Star Wars worlds, including Tatooine and Kashyyyk, in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
- Choose your party from and build everlasting bonds with nine unique crewmates, including Twi’leks, droids and Wookiees.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is set to arrive on the Switch on November 11th.