DC Comics’ own previews magazine is making the jump from digital to physical next week, for a look at what’s to come this September.
DC Connect has been around for a while now, first arriving last May. Connect is basically DC’s own version of the traditional Previews, offering looks at what’s to come.
Not that it’s exactly the same, as DC Connect goes way deeper in its, uh, previews. Connect showcases cover art, yes, but also has preview pages, behind-the-scenes stuff, and “more”. So there’s a good deal of content for those who are looking to the future of DC Comics.
Another way that DC Connect differed from Previews, is that it was a digital only mag. That though, is about to change. Much less likely to be missed out on is the physical version of Connect, due in stores on June 29th. That physical edition will carry over the format and theme of the online version.
The debut issue, this month’s copy of DC Connect will cover DC’s slate of releases for September (believe it or not). That’s a lineup that’ll include:
- Batman: Fear State, including I Am Batman #1, by John Ridley and Olivier Coipel
- Deathstroke, Inc., written by Joshua Williamson (Infinite Frontier, The Flash) with art by Howard Porter
- Aquaman: The Becoming, a six-issue monthly limited series from Future State: Aquaman writer Brandon Thomas, with art by Diego Olortegui and Wade Von Grawbadger
- A Black Manta six-issue monthly limited series from Bitter Root writer Chuck Brown and artist Valentine De Landro
- Milestone Compendium One, a softcover collection with more than 1,300 pages of classic Milestone stories, collecting the debut story arcs of Blood Syndicate, Hardware, Static, Icon, Xombi and Shadow Cabinet from the original Milestone creative team
- Are You Afraid of Darkseid?, a prestige format anthology of scary stories from across the DC Universe, just in time for Halloween (on sale October 5)
- Special Batman Day versions of:
- Batman: The World
- Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point #1
- Batman – Knightwatch/Bat-Tech Special Edition #1