The game that just will not stop, Bandai Namco’s Tekken 7 is still rocking and rolling. Season 4 includes Kunimitsu, a new level, and lots more.
I think it’s pretty fair to call Tekken 7 a platform at this point. That seems to be the tree for the genre as of the last few years though, as revisions have more or less given way to ‘seasons’.
Sure Street Fighter is still issuing pseudo-sequels, but they’re more or less seasons as well. All the big names are handling additions this way at this point, including Mortal Kombat 11, Soul Calibur, and yes Tekken too. Tekken 7 first saw release back in 2015, but is still going strong, now with the addition of a fourth season of content.
That includes a total of 2 new characters and 2 new stages, beginning with Kunimitsu and the Vermilion Gates.
Aside from the above, there’s more to this update. It also includes:
- New Moves: All TEKKEN 7 characters will be receiving new moves to add to their arsenal of martial arts skills.
- Updated UI: More streamlined user interface
- Online Play Enhancements: Response improvement / Wi-Fi indicator
- TEKKEN Prowess: A new way for players to see their TEKKEN skills through points scoring. TEKKEN Prowess is calculated through a player’s highest owned rank, total rank of all characters, play stats, and the number of matches played.
- Rank System Renewal: A new top level rank will be added to TEKKEN 7; those who reach this new highest level rank will be given the title of “TEKKEN GOD OMEGA”.
Season 4 is set to debut some time this fall for Tekken 7, with even more content coming in the spring of 2021, according to Bandai Namco. Tekken 7 is available for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.