Collectible maker Mondo will be bringing a full slate of happenings home for SDCC 20’s online virtual Comic Con this week.
As we continue the SDCC’s first hiatus since… ever, more names are being added to the list of @home showings. It’s a roster that now also includes Mondo, who have revealed their slate of presentations.
No, there’s nothing like actually being there, but the company will be giving fans the next best thing with panels and live chats. The whole thing kicks off this week, on July 22nd.
Scroll down to check out the full announcement.
Thursday, July 23
- Mondo Live Artist Talk: Daniel Danger, Sara Deck, Jack Hughes, Justin & Paige Erickson, Rory Kurtz and Truck Torrence sit down to discuss the current poster scene. They’ll share a look at their process, hint at what they’ve been working on, and discuss where they’d like to see the alternative film poster scene go next. Moderated by Mondo Creative Director Mitch Putnam. (11:00am PT / 2pm ET)
- An Evening with Toys: Mondo Toys and Collectibles Creative Directors Mike Bonanno and Hector Arce will host a live AMA showcasing their toys, collectibles and tiki line up for 2020 and 2021. The live show will have a video/sizzle reel teasing upcoming products followed by a Q&A. (2:00pm PT / 5:00pm ET)
Friday, July 24
- MONDOPALOOZA: Mondo and Death Waltz Recording Company present a collection of exclusive at-home recorded musical performances by our friends and composers from around the world, including Le Matos, Paul Leonard-Morgan, Emile Mosseri, Fabio Frizzi, Goblin, The Blasting Company, Pentagram Home Video, Dolls and more. (5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET)
Saturday, July 25
- The Mondo Happy Hour with Attack Peter!: Mondo Creative Directors Eric Garza, Mitch Putnam, and Rob Jones host a live interview with artist Attack Peter! (12:00pm PT / 3:00pm ET)
- Lights, Kaiju, Action… DESTROY: Join Mondo Books’ Zack Carlson, Mondo Collectibles’ Michael Bonnano, and Mondo Music’s Spencer Hickman for a sneak preview of some BIG upcoming releases. Like, skyscraper big. Like, rampaging monster stepping on skyscraper big, featuring an exclusive look at the forthcoming Art of Sofubi book, plus well, you’ll have to watch to see which department swings in with the most gargantuan announce of all. (2:00pm PT / 5:00pm ET)
- Art of Soundtracks: Mondo Creative Directors Spencer Hickman and Mo Shafeek curate a live chat with fellow soundtrack reissue labels like Ship To Shore PhonoCo, Enjoy The Ride, Milan Records, Tiger Lab, Invada, and Terror Vision. Expect behind the scenes information, title announces and maybe even an exclusive reveal or two. (5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET)
Sunday, July 26
- The Mondo Happy Hour with Matt Taylor: Mondo Creative Directors Eric Garza, Rob Jones, Mitch Putnam, and Allie Whalen sit down for a live interview with artist Matt Taylor to talk about mutants and their days of future past. (2:00pm PT / 5:00pm ET)