Happy Poké-week. Maybe. Depending on which side of the fence you’re on, this is a good week for the Switch, thanks to 2 new Pokémon games.
Sword and Shield
Let’s be honest, the ‘controversy’ surrounding this week’s Pokémon games is kind of manufactured. Yes, there are some fans who are done on the two new titles, but there are plenty who aren’t. And really, even the ones who are down on them are probably going to play ’em eventually anyway.
Now, if you’re not a Pokémon fan at all, well that’s where this week kind of falls apart. Completely. Yes, Pokémon Sword and Shield are here, but really nothing else is.
Children of Morta is out, though that might be an acquired taste, and so is Garfield Kart: Furious Racing, though that’s obviously not a big name title either. Nonetheless, we’ve got the full list below for your perusing anyway.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield– A new generation of Pokémon has arrived on the Nintendo Switch system. Begin your adventure as a Pokémon Trainer by choosing one of three new partner Pokémon: Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble. Then embark on a journey in the new Galar region, where you’ll explore the Wild Area and unravel the mystery behind the Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta! A Pokémon Sword andPokémon Shield Double Pack is also available digitally, which includes both the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games, as well as additional in-game bonuses perfect for every Pokémon Trainer getting their start in the Galar region. Pokémon Sword,Pokémon Shield and the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Double Pack will all be available on Nov. 15.
- Children of Morta – This intriguing hack-and-slash roguelike sets its story in a distant land, and weaves complex universal themes into its captivating tale of love, loss and hope. Prepare yourself for a dungeon crawler with an intricate narrative equal to its challenging gameplay. Are you willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for your family while the world is devoured by darkness? The Mountain of Morta awaits. Children of Morta will be available on Nov. 20.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Balthazar’s Dream
- Bloo Kid 2 – Available Nov. 18
- Bouncy Bob 2 – Available Nov. 20
- Cube Creator X
- Galactic Defence Squadron
- Garfield Kart Furious Racing – Available Nov. 19
- Go! Fish Go! – Available Nov. 15
- Labyrinth of the Witch
- League of the Shield
- Mars Power Industries – Available Nov. 15
- Munchkin: Quacked Quest – Available Nov. 19
- Perils of Baking
- Push the Crate
- Raining Blobs – Available Nov. 15
- Rocket Wars
- Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child
- Some Distant Memory
- Squidgies Takeover
- Still There – Available Nov. 20
- Sudoku Relax 3 Autumn Leaves
- Tactical Mind 2 – Available Nov. 15
- Woven – Available Nov. 15
- WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship – Available Nov. 19
- Zumba Burn It Up! – Available Nov. 19