Mario Kart 8 appears as a pack in for a new Nintendo Switch holiday bundle, as the company cuts prices on some games for Black Friday.
Perfect for gifting
I have to admit, it sounds a little odd for Mario Kart 8 to be included in this holiday bundle. After all, it’s a little long in the tooth at this point, and the Switch has more Mario titles (like Super Mario Maker 2) that could be more current as pack-ins.
It’s arguably still one of the most popular games for the console though, and easily one of the best Mario Karts ever, so maybe it’s not all that odd. In any event, the pack-in deal (which is a download code) makes for a nice little gift box. And you could always pick up one of the new lower priced titles to go along with your new console after all.
It’s not often that Nintendo cuts prices, but that’s just what they’ve done by chopping $20 off the tag of 9 games, all of them pretty big hits. Even better, the price of the Poké Ball Plus and joy-cons have been equally cut.
The discounts are all still waiting in the wings though. None of the following pricing becomes official till Thanksgiving.
Nintendo Black Friday Offers
- Super Mario Odyssey – $39.99 USD
- Super Mario Party – $39.99 USD
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wil – $39.99 USDd
- Splatoon – $39.99 USD 2
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – $39.99 USD
- Mario Tennis Aces – $39.99 USD
- Kirby Star Allies – $39.99 USD
- Octopath Traveler – $39.99 USD
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossu – $39.99 USDs
- Pair of Joy-Con controllers (Gray or Neon Red & Neon Blue) – $59.99
- Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle – $299.99 USD
- Poké Ball Plus accessory – $19.99 USD