Bustin makes Ranger Walker feel good, and that’s just what’s on the table for Rage 2’s Rise of the Ghosts expansion, launching this month.
The (sorta) dead rise
Rage 2 was one of the nicer surprises this summer. Not only did iD Software and Avalanche’s FPS sequel look great, but it actually carried off the themes of the now-series much better than the original.
Part of that was the gunplay, which was fantastic stuff, and another was the aesthetic. Rage 2 was just more fun looking than the first game. It was more colorful yes, but the world itself had more life to it, and a good number of the characters and gangs were actually interesting.
That, by thew way, is there the Ghosts come in. A gang of cannibalistic, feltrite-powered (a power source in Rage’s world) baddies, the Ghosts are no joke. And now they’re back to wreak havoc in the first expansion for the base game.
Check out the E3 trailer below for a glimpse of them in action.
More than just new villains
The expansion includes more than just the new faction. Also in the download is a new area to explore, a new story to play through and more.
- Brand-New Story
- New Enemy Faction, the malicious Ghosts
- Huge New Region, the Overgrown City
- New Weapon – Feltrite Laser Launcher: This powerful new weapon incinerates any enemies in its path with a lethal Feltrite-infused beam.
- New Ability – Void: Target an enemy with Void to grab them and suspend them in the air ragdoll-style before sending them flying with Shatter, or focus the ability to make your target’s head explode. Either way, you’re probably having a good time.
- New Vehicle – Ghost Motorcycle
If you already own the Deluxe Edition of Rage 2, then you already have Rise of the Ghosts, you simply need to download it when it launches. If you don’t, then you can buy in a’la carte style, via the in-game store. It’ll cost you 1500 coins (which translates to $15 USD).
Get ready to bust some Ghosts when Rise of the Ghosts hits for all versions of Rage 2 on September 26th.