There will be no Assassin’s Creed release next year, Ubisoft said as much. But with DLC this expansive, you might not miss a yearly installment.
The First Blade and Atlantis
It’s true (at least, right now it is) that there will be no Assassin’s Creed game in 2019. With the overall size and scope of the just released Assassin’s Creed Odyssey though, fans might be sated all the same. Add to that this latest paid DLC announcement, and you’re going to have a ton of Creed to play next year.
A total of two packs have been announced. They’ll both be delivered in installments of six, kicking off this December and then spread out across the next year.
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc II – The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
But wait, there’s more!
There technically is a third AC download coming, though it’s not for Odyssey. It’s the entire Assassin’s Creed III game, plus all of its DLC, remastered for modern consoles.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Ignite the American Revolution as Connor, the master assassin, born amidst the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America. As a bloody uprising draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019 and will include :
- All the DLC: The Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
- Assassin’s Creed® Liberation Remastered.
That, is a ton of content. It’s all wrapped up in the season pass too, so if you have that then you’re good to go for all of the above. As much as it is though, there’s even more coming up along side it.
And this stuff is free.
Ubisoft has free content planned for Odyssey, all though 2019. So even if you’re down to buy in for the Season Pass, you can still get some more life out of the game. Available for everyone to download will be:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players can traverse the entire interactive 3D recreation of Ancient Greece, free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, after launch.
- Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defeat and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.