Atlas’ revamp of Dragon’s Crown for the modern crop of consoles is looking great. Check out the characters you’ll be able to pick from in this fresh trailer.
Take the crown
From the looks of it, there’s not a whole lot of difference between Dragon’s Crown Pro and the standard Dragon’s Crown. Not that that’s a terrible thing. You might think that though, since the original title launched a few years back for consoles like the PS3 and Vita. But it continues to look like a million bucks, ad I’m sure the 4k bump will make it look even better.
Fashioned after the classic hack and slash titles of old, Dragon’s Crown (and DC Pro) puts you in the boots of a fantasy icon. And as you can see there in the trailer, these are some true staple characters of the genre. You’ve got the dwarf, the warrior, the wizard, the elf… cool stuff.
Also as you can see, they’re done in a very over-the-top art style. It might be something of an acquired taste, but it gives the game a unique look. There’s really nothing else out there right now that looks like Dragon’s Crown.
And while this new revision might not look super-different than the previous release at first glance, it does offer some bonuses that you won’t fine in the standard edition.
Dragon’s Crown Pro features:
- Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon – With beautifully-refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware’s signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
- A Rousing Adventurer’s Soundtrack – A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon’s Crown.
- Glorious Presentation – Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- All the Royal Bells and Whistles – If you already own Dragon’s Crown, your saves won’t go to waste. There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
- Four Player Frenzy – With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.
So when will you be able to play this re-born fantasy behemoth? That’d be May the 15th. That’s the magical date when Dragon’s Crown Pro lands on the PS4 and PS4 Pro. It’ll run you $49.99 USD.