Finally brought back to the point of being shown off, Homefront: The Revolution is on track for a Spring 2016 release, and is looking pretty great.
An open-world shooter where you’ll have to build a revolution, Homefront picks up where the prequel left off. America is in ruins, but the elements of a resistance is firmly in place. And it’s a resistance that you’ll be in the midst of.
From the outer edges of Philadelphia (the city that killed Hitchbot) is where you’ll strike back against the North Korean rulers of the former US. In Homefront: The Revolution, what’s was America is now a place where “surveillance drones, armored patrols and police violence have become everyday life”. You’ll be fighting an “unwinnable guerrilla war against a superior military force”.
It’s basically similar to the opening game int he franchise that saw release a few years back, only this time you have a sandbox to play in, and it’s set to be one that responds to your decisions and changes to reflect them. More than a few games have promised that, with mixed results. Here’s to hoping that Homefront: The Revolution actually comes through on the promise.
Here’s what developer Deep Silver Dambuster Studios has planned:
- Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open-world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling unscripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customize a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for the perfect Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second American War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to the player’s actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
Expect to see Homefront: The Revolution hit the shelves for the Xbox One, PS4, Mac, and PC (Windows and Linux) in the Spring of 2016.