There’s a Festive Surprise waiting for you the next time you log onto Grand Theft Auto Online, including a special gift on Christmas Day and some New Year’s fireworks.
First off, there are a few updates and fixes to announce. As usual, the team at Rockstar has a few key fixes lined up for this new update to their latest crime epic. And they are:
- Players are now able to own a third property, allowing potential ownership of up to 30 cars and 9 bicycles.
- Deadzone and Acceleration sliders have been added to control settings.
- First Person Mode Auto Level Camera on/off setting has been added to Settings.
- Fixed multiple issues to allow improved matchmaking and connectivity speeds.
Alright, now that that’s out of the way, onto the good stuff. It’s Christmastime in Los Santos and there’s plenty to be jolly about. From new weaponry in stock at Ammu-NAtion, to new vehicles, Holiday-themed crate drops and gear, there’s a ton of new seasonal content all ready to be exploited in Grand Theft Auto Online.
But wait, there’s more as Rockstar also has some snow days ready to go, a special Christmas Day gift lined up for gamers and even some fireworks on New Year’s in the form of a special rocket launcher and firework ammo for it. That’s a lot of merrymaking… and explosions.
The full list of what’s new is below. Ho, ho, ho- I’ve got a rocket launcher!
- EXPLOSIVE STOCKING STUFFERS – Brand new items stocked at Ammu-Nation: a new Homing Missile Launcher and Proximity Mines are here just in time to make spirits bright. These items will be permanently available to acquire and keep.
- SNOW DAYS – Those dreaming of a white Christmas are in luck as the forecast calls for the extremely rare phenomenon of San Andreas snowfall to hit on a few special days this holiday season. Be on the lookout and ready to round up your Crew for a friendly snowball fight.
- FREE SEASONAL CHRISTMAS GEAR AND MASKS – Add some merriment to your mayhem with a slew of holiday pajamas, ‘ugly’ Christmas sweaters, new scarves, hats, masks and more are now all available absolutely free to add to your inventory and wear now through Monday January 5th.
- FOUR ALL-NEW VEHICLES – Treat yourself to some new toys this holiday season and fill your garage (now that you can own a third property and garage) with four all-new vehicles to purchase – including a tricked out Hot Rod Christmas Ratloader, the sturdy Slam Van, and the fast and flashy Massacro and Jester sports cars with all new Race liveries. These vehicles will be permanently available to acquire and keep.
- HOLIDAY SPECIAL CRATE DROPS – Keep your eyes on the sky as Holiday Special Crate Drops will be dropping frequently now throughJanuary 5th, stuffed with goodies to collect for your inventory – including a few of the rare vintage GTA tees that you may have missed in some of our Social Club Event Weekends over the past year as well as some brand new ones never before available.
- CHRISTMAS DAY GIFTS – On Christmas Day, December 25th, as you’re relaxing in your Los Santos apartment beside your Christmas tree, make sure to check your inventory for a few extra gifts.
- SET OFF SOME NEW YEAR’S FIREWORKS – Ring in the New Year with a bang – the Firework Launcher and Firework rocket ammo are coming back and will be available to acquire and use from Christmas Eve until Monday, January 5th. You can score one for free on four special days: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.