Are you ready to enter the FanDome?! Actually, it’s not a physical place. All you have to do is point your browser to DC and Warner Bros’ upcoming online mega-event.
Two men enter, one man leaves
Okay, so the FanDome isn’t really like the Thunderdome. I still thought it was a fun heading. Much like Mad Max’ third adventure though, the DC FanDome does sound pretty cool.
In the wake of a cancelled SDCC, the publisher has announced that it will be putting on a huge online show this August. FanDome will be accessible for only 24 hours, giving it a cool, limited-time feel. And yes, it will include piles of news, as well as some big reveals.
And lest you think FanDome is only about the comics, you can think again. The event will showcase all of DC’s various limbs, including movies, TV, video games, and yes comics.
“There is no fan like a DC fan. For more than 85 years, the world has turned to DC’s inspiring heroes and stories to lift us up and entertain us, and this massive, immersive digital event will give everyone new ways to personalize their journey through the DC Universe without lines, without tickets and without boundaries. With DC FanDome, we’re able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favorite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen.”Ann Sarnoff, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Warner Bros.
Exploring a virtual convention
Much like a physical Con, FanDome will have a central hub. That’s set to be the Hall of Heroes. There fans can “experience special programming, panels and content reveals from a wide variety of films, TV series and games…”. Hall of Heroes will be available in multiple languages as well. Actually, just about every language you can think of, since FanDome is meant to be a truly world-wide happening.
Here’s how things will break down, and which virtual zones you’ll get to check out:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly atDCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
Ready to enter and have a look around? Well, you have a while yet. DC FanDome is scheduled to kick off at 10am on August 22nd (that’s a Saturday).