Just shown off at Comic Con, Mezco’s take on an early Batman is ready to pre-order.
Officially called the Ascending Knight, the latest addition to the One:12 Collection is a comic-based Batman. Well, sort of. Though this Dark Knight is based more on the comic adaptation of Batman, it’s still an original One:12. So this isn’t really based on any one design from the DC comics, more of an interpretation.
It is notable though that it is comic-related at all since the only versions of Batman in the One:12 till now have been based on the Ben Affleck, movie version. Though, to be honest, that version is so close to the comics it’s almost negligible.
I wasn’t too sold on this version of the character either, but the more I see, the more he grows on me. And you can’t deny how cool that unmasked head is. Another cool thing? This figure is part of a trilogy.
Yep, an action figure trilogy.
Every Knight has a beginning and the One:12 Collective’s Batman starts here. Batman—Ascending Knight is part of a trilogy: A beginning, a middle and an end.
The Ascending Knight is Batman in his first year; designed to be contemporary but still have a first appearance feel. This is the Batman of 10 years ago, as he just began his war on crime.
At the start of his crime-fighting career Bruce Wayne is still working things out, finding what works and what doesn’t. Some of his tech and gear is still a bit unfinished and raw. His Bat Suit is bulky, showing that he has not yet fine-tuned it.
Of course the design pays homage to Batman as he first appeared in Detective Comics. The shape of his cowl, the shorter gloves and the smaller symbol on his chest are all inspired by his original debut in the comics.
And with that, this figure got even cooler. You’ll be able to find him on web-stores as of quarter one of 2018, but you can pre-order him right now. Ready to reserve one? Click here.
Wanna know what’s in the box? Scroll down.
- The One:12 Collective Batman—Ascending Knight features:
- One (1) detailed Batman head portrait
- One (1) detailed Bruce Wayne head portrait
- A One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
- Hand-painted, authentic detailing
- Over 16cm tall
- Seven (7) interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists (L & R)
– One (1) pair of Batarang holding hands (L & R)
– One (1) pair of posing hands (L & R)
– One (1) grappling-hook holding hand (R)
- Cowled Head
- Spandex outfit with body armor detail
- Leather-like cape
- 3D chest insignia
- Spiked wrist cuffs and SAP gloves
- Utility belt with grapple gun holster
- Highly detailed tactical boots
- One (1) grappling gun
- One (1) closed grappling hook for grappling gun
- One (1) open grappling hook for grappling gun
- One (1) open grappling hook with attached rope
- Six (6) Batarangs
- One (1) heavy assault Batarang (Bat-brick)
- One (1) tranq-dart wrist crossbow
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
Each One:12 Collective Batman—Ascending Knight figure is packaged in a deluxe, collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind, there are no twist ties for easy in and out of package display.