From 3D Realms and Pet Project Games’, gory FPS Ripout got a fresh update last week, loaded with gear, weapons, upgrades, and more.
Rip and rip until it’s done
Ripout was released on the PC last year, bringing bloody, horror-soaked first-person action to PC players. The title wasn’t a full retail release, but instead followed the now popular “Early Access” roadmap. Not that you don’t know what that is, but for those who don’t, Early Access allows prospective fans the ability to buy-in and play while the title in question continues to go through development.
In the case of Ripout, it was already pretty fully fleshed out, serving up procedurally-generated missions that somehow didn’t look it, and solid FPS action. The title even features a cool hook with the pet gun, a living weapon that can rip into foes and pull their hardware and weaponry for players to use.
Now that development is even further along, all of the above (and then some) has gotten a boost with the Gear Up update. There’s a load of stuff included, including a wicked looking katana blade, new costumes, abilities for the pet gun, and more.
Check it out:
The Gear Up Update Features:
- New Gear Sets: Covert Ops and Moth suits, each with a unique set of buffs for each piece of the garment.
- New Melee Weapon: The katana has been added as a melee weapon. It trades the ability to knock back your enemies in favor of speed and deals more damage than currently available melee weapons.
- New Hazard – Blaster Turret: The blaster turret is a projectile weapon that will spawn a blaster critter upon destruction.
- New Pet Support Mods: Three new pet support mods have been added. Each is a passive modification for the pet gun that will trigger either an EMP, fire or acid type-damage in a radius around the player.
- Join Public Games in Progress: One of the most requested features of the community, players will be able to join public games that are currently in progress, making it easier to make new friends and find games while playing RIPOUT.
- Additional Features: The Gear Up Update also brings improvements to gunplay and enemy behavior, as well as new enemy animations.
3D Realms press release