The newest DLC fighter for Capcom’s Street Fighter 6 is kind of a perfect one for the Halloween season. A.K.I. has arrived.
She’s a lil’ off
You’ve no doubt seen her in action in the teasers for this new round of DLC for Street Fighter 6, but yes A.K.I. is finally here. A part of the game’s season of content, this new character is a completely original one, and serves up what looks like some unique gameplay.
With A.K.I.’s arrival, fans can also expect all the associated trappings for the game’s different modes. That means you’ll be able to find her in the World Tour mode, and set up your own avatar with her moves for Battle Hub, as well as the Fighting Ground.
Check her out in action via the new trailer below, and then scroll down to see all the stuff that’s hitting for SF6, right alongside this new fighter.
- World Tour
- A.K.I.’s Master Missions, new NPCs, and new Locations added.
- Fighting Ground
- A.K.I.’s story added to Arcade Mode.
- Battle Hub
- A “History” tab has been added to the Phrases and Stickers windows to access ones you’ve recently used in chat.
- The meaning of a sticker will now be shown when they are highlighted by the cursor.
- Shop now includes A.K.I. Outfit 2, A.K.I. colors 3-10 and Street Fighter League avatar gear.
- Support for Latin American Spanish in subtitles and other text will be added, making it the 14th in-game language to be supported.
- Custom Room Display Settings have been added and Training Mode features have been expanded.
- In order to mitigate unintentional Super Arts from being performed, the input recognition frame of certain Super Art commands have been shortened. Due to this adjustment, players must input their commands faster or the Super Art may not be performed.
- Additional various bug fixes and adjustments; full patch notes can be found here.
Capcom press release
While you’re trying out A.K.I., don’t forget that there’s a lot more to come in this post-launch period. Street Fighter 6 will also be getting Ed and Akuma, plus a ton more content like what you see landing outside of today’s fresh face.
The game is out now for Xbox and PlayStation platforms, as well as the PC, and has its season pass available as well. While buying that will get you in on all of the above in one fell swoop, you can also grab A.K.I. a’la carte for 350 Fighter Coins (includes Outfit 1 and Colors 1 & 2). And on top of that, if you’re unsure if you want to add her to your game, you can always spend a Rental Fighter Ticket, and preview her with an hour of play time.