Out on digital format for a bit, Clear River Games’ fighting game The Rumble Fish 2 is now on disc/cart for the PS4/5 and Switch.
If you’ve been waiting on a retail edition of The Rumble Fish 2 so you can build out that physical library a little more, your month is here. The game is landing for PlayStation platforms today, and will hit the Switch on the 28th.
Get ready to rumble… fish.
Developed by Dimps and published on physical media by Clear River Games, The Rumble Fish 2 is a faithful port of the original game developed for the Atomiswave™ arcade platform in 2005. With all the hard-hitting 2D fighting action that arcade goers fell in love with over 15 years ago, The Rumble Fish 2features an eclectic cast of characters whose visuals are powered by the game’s unique ‘Smooth Model Animation’ system, allowing for exceptionally gorgeous 2D sprite animation on a per-limb basis.Clear River Games press release
In addition to these physical editions, The Rumble Fish 2 is also out for the same platforms digitally. And there’s a bit more news about the game today as well.
That includes a new update that’s quite fully featured. It includes:
- Rematch Feature – Online and offline.
- Spectator Mode – For those waiting in the lobby.
- Opponent Attack Setting – Choose how you want the CPU to attack you in Training Mode.
- Adjustable Timing – Tweak how quickly you recover from damage when in Training Mode.
- Adjustable Play Duration – Select time periods of “99” for matches.
- Match Reject – Reject a quick match when playing online.
- Connection Status – Show or hide online connection quality in-game.
- Auto Save – Automatically save settings in Training Mode upon exiting the option screen.
- Combat Range – Fight against your opponent with the same distance between you both as found in the original arcade version of the game, ideal for playing on a widescreen display.