If you’re a fan of classic (now) Bethesda titles like Wolfenstein, Quake 4, and the Heretic/Hexen series, you’re going to like day 1 of QuakeCon 2022.
Return to the classics
While there was nothing new announced at QuakeCon 2022 today, there was a whole lot of great news nonetheless. And all of that came in the form of legal titles in the Wolfenstein, The Elder Scrolls, Quake, and Heretic/Hexen series.
That’s because a good chunk of the above are now on both Game Pass and the Microsoft Store. Now, don’t get too excited if you’re an Xbox gamer, as the console version of Game Pass didn’t get any of this stuff. Nope, today was all about the PC.
Here’s what hit, and for what:
- Coming today with PC Game Pass:
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- Quake 4
- Wolfenstein 3D
- An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- Unlock all Champions in Quake Champions via a Game Pass Perk
- Free today on the Microsoft Store:
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall
- Quake Champions
- For sale today in the Microsoft Store:
- Heretic: Serpent Riders
- Hexen: Beyond Heretic
- Hexen: Deathkings
Along with all of the above, and still in keeping with the ‘classic gaming’ theme, there was some Quake news today as well. Released last year (and on Game Pass), the original Quake now has gotten Update 4.
That new addition to the base title adds in the Threewave Capture the Flag multiplayer mode, and a total of 9 levels from the original mod. Not a bad little addition to what’s already a terrific port.